Pokemon Showdown players may be suffering from some problems especially if they are playing the game on the Safari browser of their iOS devices. If Pokemon Showdown is not working on your Safari, we might have some fixes & workarounds that will solve your problem with a few trials. In this article, we will discuss some fixes and workarounds to fix this problem.
Pokemon Showdown not working on Safari: Fixes & Workarounds
Pokemon Showdown is a web-based game. It is an online battle simulator where you can engage in 1vs1 battle simulations. At first, the game asks you to create a username. After that, you can directly find an opponent to fight. The convenience of the game and the easy learning curve it offers makes it a very interesting title. However, if you are playing the game on your Safari browser, there can be a few chances where the game stops working. This interruption can be annoying and hard to fix sometimes. Although the problem sometimes is from the developer side, you can still try these fixes if the problem persists.
1) Refresh the web page: You can refresh the web page of Pokemon Showdown. By refreshing the web page, your progress may get lost. However, fresh data from the server can clear any bugs that might be on the browser before. You can force refresh the page by pressing Cmd + Shift + R in macOS.
2) Restart your browser: If refreshing your web page does not solve the problem, you can restart Safari. After restarting the browser, go to the Pokemon Showdown website and see if it works properly. If the web page is still crashing and not opening, you may move to the next step.
3) Restart your device: Restarting your device may clear temporary data. This temporary data may be holding some error files. Once you restart your system, try opening Safari and going to the game again. If the Pokemon Showdown is still not working on Safari, try the next fix.
4) Check your internet connection: Try loading other websites on Safari. If other websites are loading perfectly, then the problem is somewhere else. However, if the internet speed is too slow, you might have trouble playing Pokemon Showdown on Safari.
5) Clear your browsing cache: Go to the settings and search for the browsing cache. The cache is the data that temporarily stores some information so your system can access it instantly. Unfortunately, in some cases, cache might create problems while loading the web page. Empty all the cache from Safari and restart the browser. Try opening the game and see if it works.
6) Wait for server recovery: Sometimes the server may go down failing the game to load. In that case, wait for the server to come back online. Although the servers do not go offline for much longer, you can still try to follow the steps given above.
7) Check if you are entering the correct URL for Pokemon Showdown: Sometimes even a slight mistake in the URL can lead you to a different web page. Be sure that the URL of the Pokemon Showdown you are entering is correct.
By following the above steps, you will be able to play Pokemon Showdown on your Safari browser again. However, if the problem persists, try opening the game through another browser. For more fixes and updates on the gaming and tech world, do not forget to visit Androidgram.