Have an older version of the Play Station? That’s okay. The Play Station 4 may not be as good as its successor but is a fair console to have. With an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit or APU built upon the x86-64 architecture, it was one of the most powerful consoles at its time of release. PS4 and PS4 Pro still continue to perform nicely with most games. The console (Pro version )also features HDR10 High-dynamic-range video and playback of 4K resolution multimedia. The creation of PS4 received critical acclaim for taking customer experience and feedback into major consideration. It was considered to be much better performing than Xbox One, primarily because PS4 had welcomed the concept of independent game development.
If you have the PS4 and having trouble with the HDMI, this article is just for you.
PS4 HDMI port isn’t working: How to fix it?
PS4’s HDMI port connects the console to your television and allows the transmission of pictures and audio. Hardware issues are common, and there can be several reasons as to why it might happen. Hardware issues can be caused by underlying software issues too.
If you think you may have a damaged port, please check it. An HDMI port can be damaged due to mishandling.
If you think that the port is not damaged and it might be an internal issue, here’s what you can do to try and fix it.
- Make sure that the TV is set to the correct channel that displays the PS4 console input. If you connect to a different HDMI channel, it will not show you the output.
- Try connecting the HDMI cable from the console and connecting it to another device with an HDMI slot. It may be your laptop or a different console.
- If you are using a receiver to connect your console to the TV, try connecting the console directly to the TV. The receiver, if faulty, maybe the reason behind the issue.
- Try unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI cable to your PS4, making sure there aren’t any loose connections.
- You may want to try another HDMI cable and see if it’s working.
If your HDMI port is still misbehaving, contact the customer support of Play Station here.