Facing a DirectX 12 error while trying to launch Ranch Simulator? Well, the very first conclusion from this error would be that your PC doesn’t support DirectX 12. However, as per many reports, Ranch Simulator players have been unable to launch the game because of a DirectX error even if their PC runs DirectX 12. So, what can be the root cause of such an error? In this article, we will be discussing the possible causes of the “DX12 is not supported” error in Ranch Simulator and how to fix it.
Ranch Simulator “DX12 is not supported” error: How to fix it?
When starting the game the following error appears: “DX12 is not supported on your system. Try running without the -dx12 or -d3d12 command line argument”. My computer has the minimum requirements.
A lot of Ranch Simulator players have been facing the DX12 error in the game. This issue has also triggered doubts regarding the game’s incapability of running on any DirectX version except 12. A fan commented that the game should be able to run fine on DirectX 11 at least. Unreal Engine 4 games can now run on DirectX 11 after an update deployed by Epic. According to the fan, the developers should include support for lower DirectX versions. However, the developers cleared such doubts.
Also Read: Ranch Simulator game not saving: Fixes & Workarounds
As it happens, Ranch Simulator uses third-party plugins from Unreal Engine, which need DX12 to function properly. Without those plugins, the game will become unstable. However, the developers have considered all the reports and added an unofficial DX11 version of Ranch Simulator by disabling all the third-party plugins. But, they have announced that they cannot officially support such a version as it will be very unstable. So, now what? How can players get rid of the DX12 error in Ranch Simulator? Here are the workarounds you can try –
1) As mentioned before, you can run Ranch Simulator on DirectX 11 too. Open the installation directory of the game, and right-click on the game’s main executable file. Now, select Properties and open the Compatibility tab. Locate the Target text box, and after the game’s location ends, type “ -dx11“. Next, save changes. Now, try launching the game. You shouldn’t see the error anymore.
2) If your system runs DirectX 12, but you are still unable to launch the game due to a DirectX error, make sure that you have updated your graphics drivers. You can find the latest ones for NVIDIA here and AMD here.
3) If you are still facing any issues, you can generate a DxDiag report of your system and email it to the developers for further help.
How to generate a DxDiag report?
Find the steps below –
– Press the windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run console
– Type Dxdiag and click ok to open the direct x diagnostic report program
– Click “yes” on any pop ups in relation to the program
– Once the program has opened, wait for the green progress bar to fill up, representing the progress of the report generation
– Once the report has generated, click on Save All Information to save the report.
– Reply to this email, and attached the saved report.
Once you have generated the report, please email it to the developers at support@Excalibur-games.com.