Snapchat is an American multimedia instant messaging application developed by Snap Inc. There are more than 210 million active users. Snapchat’s swipe-up rate is 5x higher than normal social media click-through rates making it a promising marketing platform.
One of the principal features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are usually only available for a short time before they become inaccessible to their viewers. With a wide variety of filters and lenses to choose from, Snapchat is the world’s favorite social platform. It may also be used as a private messenger for your near and dear ones. Here’s an amazing fact about Snapchat you might wanna know-
Taco Bell paid $75,000 to Snapchat for 24 Hours of the Taco Filter/Ad. Check the tweet:
— Taco Bell (@tacobell) May 5, 2016
Why are random people adding me on Snapchat?
1. People can add you through your phone number, email, username, Snapchat code, or simply through Quick Add.
2. Quick add is a feature where your account is shown to people as a suggestion because you might have mutual friends, interests, or reach.
3. People may also add you through mention. This happens when your friends or family tag you on their Snapchat story.
4. People may add you by search. Added by search is not the same as Added by username. Added you by Search means that they looked up your name and added you, whereas by username means that they actually looked up your username and added you.
5. If you’ve attached your Snapchat ID to your Instagram bio, or on another platform, stalkers may be trying to reach out to you that way. Try not to put your Snapchat ID on any other portal to avoid trespassers on your account.
6. If you have your Facebook contacts synced to your mobile phone and then you allow Snapchat access to your phone contacts it will pick up the combination of mutual people on your social.
7. They could just be bot accounts. These bot accounts add you and wait for you to add them back. Once you do, they remove you as a friend. They do this to gain reach and followers on the app.
8. It’s recommended to go through the in-app friends list and make sure there aren’t any unwelcome users there, if so, you may block or remove them.
9. Always keep your story settings limited to your friends as it protects your privacy. For this, Tap your profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen. Select the button that says “+ Private Story” or “+ Custom Story” in the “Stories” section. Snapchat may ask you to confirm that you want to make a private story, you can just tap on “Private Story” again.
10. Disabling Quick Add is a great way to stop new users from finding your Snapchat account. To turn this off, open the app and tap the profile icon at the top-left corner of the screen. Tap the settings button at the top right, scroll down, tap ‘See Me in Quick Add,’ and uncheck that. You will no longer be seen as a recommendations to other people through Quick Add.
11. If someone you don’t recognize adds you on Snapchat, don’t add them back. You may also delete their add request or simply block them off your account.
For more queries and assistance, you can connect with the Snapchat support team from here.