There are often cases when you are playing a game and suddenly it crashes. Well, a game like Satisfactory is still in its early access and developers have a lot of things to find right now. One instance where Satisfactory keeps crashing during startup is very fatal as many players don’t know how to fix it. Therefore, it is important to have a list of fixes by your side that will get you out of the crashing situation at any point.
Satisfactory keeps crashing during startup: How to fix it?
Below we have featured some of the best fixes that will help you launch the game on your system, thereby fixing the crashing issue. However, make sure that you try all the fixes and in case none of the fixes seems to work, try contacting official support.
1) Minimum requirements: Make sure that your setup meets the minimum requirements that are needed by the game. You can go to the system settings and see the specifications of your devices so that you can compare them with these values:
- 64-bit processor
- OS: Windows 10 or later (64-Bit)
- Processor: i5-3570 3.4 GHz 4 Core
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Dedicated graphics card, GTX 770 2GB
- Storage: 15 GB available space
2) Restart the system: The second step you need to take is to restart the system. If your game is having some temporary bugs or glitches, a simple restart can do wonders. Although this solution seems repetitive and cliché, it is surely an effective one to solve these kinds of problems.
3) Verify the integrity of the files: You just need to go to the Steam library and open the Properties of Satisfactory. From there, you need to go to the Local Files tab and click on the option that says “Verify the integrity of the files”. Once the verification is complete, you can try opening the game again. This verification will help the game remove all the damaged files that might be causing the error in the system and download the fresh ones.
4) Update graphics drivers: Make sure that there are no pending updates for the graphics drivers of your system. If there are any updates pending, download and install them immediately. You can do this by going to the official site of your respective graphics drivers.
5) Update Windows: Make sure that your Windows is also up-to-date and that no updates remain pending for your system.
6) Close unnecessary applications in the background: No unnecessary application should be running in the background. You can do this by going to the Task Manager and closing all the unnecessary tasks.
7) Run the game as an administrator: Go to the Properties of the game by right-clicking on its shortcut icon. Now, open the Compatibility tab. Here, check the box in front of “Run this program as an administrator”.
8) Disable anti-virus or firewall: Your antivirus or Firewall might be blocking the game’s functioning, so you can shut them off when launching the game. However, you can also whitelist the game on your antivirus and firewall settings.
9) Update Satisfactory: Make sure that the game is running on its latest version. If not, try updating the game.
10) Re-install the game: You can also uninstall the game and perform a clean installation. This step should be used as a last resort.
So, these are some of the fixes that should prevent your game from crashing during startup. On this note, we hope we were able to make the Satisfactory journey a bit easier for you. Also, for more updates in the world of tech and gaming, do not forget to visit Androidgram.