Imagine if you are trying to open your favorite game after a long time but suddenly it starts crashing. It would suck, wouldn’t it? Well, if you are thinking of playing the game Scum, this can even happen to you. There are many issues raised for the exact same problem that the players are facing when they are trying to launch Scum. However, as there is no official solution available for this issue, the best we can do applying a few fixes on our own. We have, therefore, created a list of some workarounds that will help you with the crashing on startup issue in SCUM.
SCUM crashing on startup (2022): How to fix it
These are the fixes that will allow the smooth startup of Scum on your device:
1) Restart the system: The first step you need to take is to restart your system to get any bugs or glitches out of the system.
2) Verify the integrity of the files: The second thing you need to do is verify the integrity of the files. You can do this by going to the Steam library and searching for Scum. From there, go to its properties by right-clicking on it and going to the Local Files tab. Here, you will find an option that asks you to verify the integrity of the files.
3) Update your graphics drivers: Make sure that your graphics drivers are up-to-date. For this, go to the respective application of your graphics card manufacturer and update the drivers from there. For example, the application for Nvidia graphics cards is the GeForce Experience. However, you can also visit the official website for the same.
4) Install the game on a different drive: You can also try installing the game on a different drive. For example, if the game is running on the D drive of your system, you can install it on the C Drive for better results.
5) Reinstall the game: You can also try reinstalling the game. Although this process may take a little bit of time, sometimes it can solve some major issues that may have developed due to the incorrect installation of the game.
6) Check the minimum system requirements of the game: Make sure that the setup you are using meets the system requirements laid down by the game. If you want to cross-check the requirements, check the list below-
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD FX-6300
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 70 GB available space
Only if your system meets these requirements shall you try to run the game. Therefore, make sure you are running the game on a compatible setup.
7) Disable Overlay Apps: Make sure that overlays are turned off in applications like Steam, and Discord. These overlay applications can be the main reason behind the crashes.
With the help of these fixes, you will be able to run the Scum without any interruptions. On this note, we hope that we were able to solve your issues regarding the crashes. Also, for more updates in the world of tech and gaming, do not forget to visit Androidgram.