Unable to request a password reset link for your Spotify account? Being a popular platform in its category, Spotify houses a huge number of music lovers. It usually offers a very smooth online music streaming experience. But it isn’t really immune to bugs. Spotify’s users have often complained of not being able to reset their passwords, more commonly known as the ‘Spotify error requesting link’. This could point to an internal server error, in most cases. But there are a few instances where the issue is on the user’s side. If you are unable to reset your Spotify password, read this article to know how to tackle it.
A password reset feature is essential on all online platforms requiring account authentication. Users often find themselves in a situation where they don’t remember a password. At times, the browser saves an old password and users forget to update the same. In such cases, a password reset feature helps immensely. Some websites also provide an ‘OTP via email or phone‘ option to log in. Overall, no website should come without a working password reset feature. However, being a feature that hugely depends on server stability, the password reset feature may often run into issues, as is the case with Spotify. We have come across several reports regarding the reset link not working or users not receiving a password reset email. Don’t worry; we will help you figure out why the issue is occurring for you and how to solve it!
How to fix Spotify error requesting link?
Firstly, check forums like Reddit or Spotify Community for similar complaints. If it’s a widespread thing, it’s probably an internal issue. In such a case, you must wait for the officials to resolve the cause. However, if the password reset feature seems to be broken for only you, try the suggested workarounds below:
1) Make sure you have entered the email address correctly. This could be a problem when you own multiple Spotify accounts. Check other email addresses you own for the password reset link.
2) Check whether your email service is up and running.
3) Ensure that you aren’t receiving the emails in your Spam folder. Or, you may have accidentally deleted it – in that case, check the Junk folder.
4) A user suggested disabling any kind of ad-blocker extensions. This seems to have resolved the Spotify requesting link error.
5) Spotify suggests trying a private browser or incognito tab to use the password reset feature.
6) You can also try resetting your Spotify password from a different device.