Steam Deck is one of the best ways to play your favorite games on the go. Capable of running even AAA titles in its limited form factor, Steam Deck is being loved by its fans all across the globe. Moreover, if you like enjoying your favorite games on a big screen, you can even project them through this compact device. Anyways, Gamescope is a popular microcompositor for the Steam Deck that allows users to tweak the resolution of a game running on the device, limit the FPS, and even use upscaling features. However, lately, it might create some issues with games so, you should know how you can turn it off. Well, in this article, we will be discussing in detail about how to turn off Gamescope in Steam Deck through some very simple steps.
Also read: Cyberpunk 2077 error ‘Caused by corrupted or missing scripts file’: How to fix it
Steam Deck: How to turn off Gamescope?
Gamescope is a very helpful microcompositor incorporated into the Steam Deck by Valve. It’s like a special tool for gaming that helps make the game look and run better. It can enable games to run at a higher resolution than the default one or limit the in-game FPS. As per the official website of Gamescope, it can enhance the gaming experience by modifying the resolution, upscaling, and restricting the framerate. Gamescope works by running on top of your Steam Deck, but it can also be used in other ways. On the contrary, the overlay it comes with can be very distracting when playing games. So, these are the following steps through which you can turn off the Gamescope overlay:
- The first thing that you will have to do is press the “—” button on your Steam Deck.
- From here, you will have to go to the “Performance” menu.
- Under this menu, you will find a slider.
- The main function of this slider is to show how much information is on the display.
- Therefore, the thing that you can do here is to move this slider down to 0.
- However, if moving the slider down to zero does not remove the overlay, move the slider to 1. Now, close the menu, and then again access the slider and set it to 0.
2) You can also try restarting the system if the above method does not work. With the help of a restart, the glitch or bug that might have been causing the issue with Gamescope Overlay can be solved too.
3) Apart from this, you can also try updating your Steam Deck to fix this issue. If there is any update available, you need to download and install it on your system.
With that said, you now will be able to turn off Gamescope on your Steam Deck easily. On this note, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.