Trading is a very important feature of Steam. This feature comes in handy especially when you have a duplicate copy of an item. For example, if you have two copies of one item, you can trade it with another item in exchange for that. This will help you to get rid of things that you don’t use often. However, some users are getting a specific kind of error while trading in Steam Marketplace. This is causing issues while accepting a trade offer which can hinder the trading experience. Some users are also claiming that the error occurs when the opposite party has already taken back the offer and you are trying to accept it. Here, the particular error we are discussing is Steam error code 11 abstaining users from a healthy trade. Hence, we will find some practical fixes that will solve this issue.
Also read: Steam error code 101: How to fix it?
Steam error code 11: How to fix it?
These are some of the fixes that you can use to solve the error so that you can successfully carry out the trade:
1) Restart Steam: The first thing that you need to do is wait for a few minutes or hours to let the problem solve itself. Sometimes, due to heavy traffic, the trades may temporarily go down. Therefore, you have to wait for a small time span and then start the Steam Client again.
2) Re-login Steam: You can also log out from your Steam account and then log in again. After signing in, check if the problem persists.
3) Enable Steam guard: You need to open Steam and go to Home> Account> Manage Steam Guard and select the option that says, “Get Steam Guard codes by email”. Now, log in to Steam again after logging out.
4) Try running Steam on the web: If you are using Steam via the Desktop client, you can try logging in through a browser or vice-versa.
5) Update your Windows: You can also try updating your Windows to its latest version to maintain the compatibility of Steam with your system. For this, go to Settings> Windows Update> Check for updates.
6) Reinstall Steam: You can also try uninstalling Steam and then installing it again. By doing this, you will be able to rule out the possibility of any corrupted files in Steam that might be causing the error in between the trade.
7) Make sure that the offer is still on the table: As some users are claiming that this error occurs due to a glitch when the offer has been taken back, and you are still trying to accept it, make sure that the offer is still available. To clear this out, the best thing you can do is instead of hurrying, wait for some time, refresh the page and verify that the offer is still live.
8) Delete the web browser cache: You can go to Steam → Settings → Web Browser → Delete Web Browser Cache and clear out the browser cache. After this, try accessing the trade.
By following these steps, you will be able to get through the error code 11 while trading in Steam. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.