Many players are getting an error in the famous FPS, TF2 where they are unable to start the game. Moreover, the game is also continuously crashing during startup. This issue can be frustrating when you are eager to get in action and you can’t even open the game however if you are one of those players you don’t need to worry. In this article, we will be discussing how to get rid of the TF2 crashing & not launching on startup (2022) issue with some easy fixes & workarounds.
TF2 crashing & not launching on startup (2022): Fixes & Workarounds
These are some of the workarounds that might fix the not launching on startup issue in Team Fortress 2.
1) Restart Steam: TF2 may be experiencing some problems due to issues with Steam. Therefore, the first thing you can do is restart Steam. By restarting Steam, any temporary issue may fix itself.
2) Restart your system: You can also restart your system before moving to any other fix.
3) System requirements: Make sure that the system meets the minimum requirements to run the game. These are the minimum requirements for Windows PC:
OS: Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP
Processor: 1.7 GHz Processor or better
Memory: 512 MB RAM
DirectX: Version 8.1
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 15 GB available space
If your system doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements, the game might not launch at all.
4) Check your network connection: Make sure that you are properly connected to the internet. Switch to a wired connection for better connectivity.
5) Disable the anti-virus and Windows Defender: You can also try to disable your anti-virus and Windows Defender. Now, try opening the game. If the game runs smoothly, re-enable the services.
6) Close background applications: Go to the Task Manager and close any unnecessary background applications that might be hindering the game or increasing the memory consumption of your system for no good reason.
7) Update your graphics drivers: Make sure that your system is running on the latest graphics drivers.
8) Use the auto-config option: You can also try using the auto-config option which solves the launching issue for the game. All you have to do is right-click on the game’s shortcut icon. Now, go to the Properties and select “Launch option.” After that, type “autoconfig” and press enter.
9) Verify the integrity of the files: If you are trying to access the game, you can also verify the integrity of the files. All you have to do is go to the library and right-click on the game’s name. Now, go to the Properties of the game and find the Local Files tab. Here, you will see an option that says “Verify the integrity of game files”. Click on that option and restart the game.
10) Run the game as administrator: You can also try to run the game as administrator by right-clicking on the game’s icon. This method might fix the not launching issue.
11) Don’t overclock your GPU: If you are using any application that is overclocking your GPU, you can disable it for a while and then restart your game.
These are some of the fixes that might solve the problem of not launching and crashing TF2 in your system. For more updates in the world of tech and gaming, do not forget to visit Androidgram.