Valorant is Riot’s beloved cash cow. It is currently one of the most popular games in the world, with millions of concurrent players across the globe. The developers of the game are known best for their art style, mechanics, and anti-cheat; Riot Vanguard. Valorant runs on almost every system, regardless of the specifications, and is an extremely well-optimized game. The anti-cheat for the game is also regarded as one of the most secure kernel-based anti-cheats ever made for an online game. This has all made the game very competitive and fair for players. However, bugs and errors are encountered by many from time to time.
The recent season release of Valorant came with exciting new content for the fans. There was the launch of a new agent in the game, Deadlock, and the new Act kicked off with the recent update. In addition to this, the VAN9005 error has been reported by many after the game’s recent update. The developers of Valorant routinely add certain requirements for the game to run on various systems to ensure fair play, among many other reasons. That said, due to the recent requirement changes made by the developers, Valorant will not run on systems without UEFI or TPM 2.0 enabled. And, if your system doesn’t support these features, you will need to disable VBS. The VAN9005 error is related to Windows 10’s Virtualization-based Security (or VBS) Setting. So, if you are facing this error, here’s how you can fix it.
Valorant Error Code VAN9005: How to fix it?
Check whether UEFI and TPM 2.0 is enabled
In order to do this, you can follow these steps;
- Press the Win key, type “msinfo32” and press Enter.
- In this window, click the System Summary and check the BIOS mode option. It should say UEFI.
- Next, verify if TPM 2.0 is compatible and supported on your system. To do this, Press the Win key and type tpm.msc.
- This will open the TPM Management window. Here, find the Specification Version option. It should be 2.0.
Disable Virtualisation-Based Security (VBS)
If you don’t have UEFI and TPM 2.0 enabled, disabling VBS will fix the problem. This can solve the issue since the VAN9005 code arises when there is an issue with the VBS on your system. In order to disable this, follow these steps;
- First, open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Once done, type “bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off” and hit Enter.
- After this, restart your PC. Doing so will disable VBS on your system.
- Now, relaunch the game and check if the error appears.
If the error persists even after trying the following workarounds, make sure to contact the developers. They will be able to assist you better in solving this particular issue. You can reach out to them by visiting this link. That said, we hope you were able to fix the Van9005 error code in Valorant using the given workarounds. If this guide was helpful and you would like to read more such content, visit Android Gram daily.