American company Vizio which designs and sells televisions and soundbars was established in the year 2002. the company produces television sets and soundbars along with produced tablets, mobile phones, and computers. The company manufactures its products in Mexico, China, and Vietnam under agreements with ODM assemblers of those countries. The primary product of Vizio is television sets and the company came to be known as the largest LCD TV seller in North America in the year 2007. Later, the company announced in the year 2009 that they have stopped the production of plasma televisions and will put more importance on LED-backlit LED displays.
SmartCast TVs of Vizio were released in March 2016 and it allows you to control the screen from your tablet or mobile app. In the same year, the company launched the smart TV platform once again for including apps directly on the screen which also includes Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. The company’s first Quantum Dot LED 4K TV was launched in the year 2018 and Vizio has also included functionality for Google Assistant and Alexa devices along with Apple Airplay2 and Apple HomeKit and gaming features for the SmartCast TVs. The first OLED TV of Vizio was released in the year 2020.
Although the products of Vizio are of the best quality, they also face some problems in their system which can prove to be a major headache for users. Users have recently complained about the soundbar HDMI ARC of Vizio saying that they are not working. Users said that the soundbar works properly with an optical connection and streams fine with the use of the Vizio app and everything else except the ARC. Users said that they have tried around three cables but while connecting ARC, the soundbar goes through the searching process but is not able to find the TV. If you are also experiencing the same type of problem, you can follow these steps to fix it by yourself –
- Disconnect the other HDMI devices if there are any connected.
- A few Vizio soundbars have more than one HDMI port but all of them are not ARC. So ensure that you have plugged in to the right HDMI ARC port.
- Enable CEC by going to the TV Menu and select HDMI ARC from the soundbar remote.
- Check and update the soundbar and TV to the latest software version if you are using an old one.
- Reset our soundbar and TV
- To ensure that the problem is with the soundbar or TV, connect the Vizio soundbar with another TV. If it is working fine, then you might need to replace your TV.