The AH-94 is an attack helicopter in VTOL VR that puts you through the same test as a real helicopter operator does. To make it more realistic, it has a trim system that allows your chopper to trim without wobbling too much and a flying system that demonstrates how challenging flying a chopper is. Well, if you have purchased the AH-94 Attack Helicopter DLC for VTOL VR, it’s about time you learn how to fly it in the right way.
Unlike jet aircraft, helicopters have more manual controls that may tick some users off. All this is to make it more realistic, and that’s what most simulation games try to focus on. We have recently featured a guide on how to deploy and use a GPS bomb in the game, which also requires manual interventions to maximize its outcome. Click here to learn more. Now let’s discuss how to fly a helicopter in VTOL VR.
Vtol VR: How to fly a Helicopter?
There are a few things that you should keep in mind before proceeding forward. The first thing is that you must lower the joystick sensitivity of your chopper. It’s set to 1.00 by default, but even then, it is too much for beginners. We recommend reducing it to 0.60 or lower. Also, there are two joystick options: the middle and side joysticks. Once you are seated in the helicopter, use the third monitor, change the joystick position, and choose the one you are comfortable with. These two things are very important, and ignoring them may result in a crash landing. Now let’s move on to the main topic at hand, flying.
Starting the helicopter
The next big thing you must tackle is the initiating process. There are dozens of options and settings that you must enable to make this beast fly. More details on this are shared below.
- First, extend to the right side of your vision and turn on the Main Battery option.
- Then, turn on the APU.
- After this, turn on the left engine starter, and you will notice a green light turning on.
- Now, look at the top display and tap the PWR button. This will show how much power your left engine has accumulated.
- Next, close the side gates or canopy.
- Turn off the rotor brake option present in the control panel to your left.
- Also, make sure to turn the power mode to idle. Once you do this, the rotor blades should slowly start spinning.
- Now, head over to the left engine starter option and check whether the green light is still on. If it is not, then this means that it now has the required power. To know that, check the green bar for Engine L on the top display.
- Now turn on the right engine starter and wait until it reaches the designated power output.
- Once the green light on the right engine starter turns off, it is time for takeoff.
- Turn on the radar and other panels, including the MFD, etc.
- Next, set the Power mode to Flight.
- Now check the top display. The Rotor and Torque bar should start moving towards the right.
- Once the Torque meter gets back to its initial value and the Rotor bar is at its maximum, raise the left handle or Combat Collective slowly, and you should start hovering above the ground. Raising the collective will make you ascend even further.
After-flight tips and tricks
Once you have learned the initial process of taking off, the next target on the list is flying controls. Once you are in the air, start steering the main joystick slowly, and your helicopter should start turning. About the trimming system, the left handle, or collective, has two sticks. The top stick (Combat Collective) is to increase or decrease the flying height, while the one below it (Flight Collective) is dedicated to trimming. Trimming allows you to maintain a steady position in the air. With that, you can focus on other things like targeting and aiming without worrying about losing control. Meanwhile, if you do lose control, you must lower the collective and use the trim function to regain stability.
Well, this was our complete guide on how to fly a helicopter in VTOL VR. This sounds difficult on paper, but flying once or twice will make you feel more confident. If you find this guide insightful, follow Android Gram for more guides like this. Also read: How to install Vtol VR mods?