Want to know what your horses can eat in Minecraft? This article will tell you about all the food items that can be fed to horses in Minecraft.
A horse can be the best companion for a Minecraft player. Horses, in my opinion, are the best means of traveling early in the game. Tame a horse, strap a saddle on and you are ready to travel for thousands of blocks. Traveling on a horse is beneficial because players don’t lose hunger while traveling on a horse’s back. But, what should a player do when their horse is low on health? What food item can a player feed to its horse? This article tries to answer these exact questions and also gives you a lot of information about horses in Minecraft.
What do horses eat in Minecraft:
When it comes to the variety of food items that the horses can eat in Minecraft, there are not a lot of mobs that can compete with it. A horse in Minecraft can eat ‘Wheat’, ‘Hay bales’, ‘Apples’, ‘Golden carrots’, ‘Golden Apples’, ‘Enchanted Golden Apples’ and ‘Sugar’. All of these food items help a horse regain its lost health. Let’s talk about each of these individually.
Foods for your Horse:
1) Wheat: Wheat is a farmable crop in Minecraft. Wheat can be obtained by manual farming or by converting a ‘hay bale’ into wheat. Feeding wheat to a horse increases its health by ‘One Heart’.
2) Hay bales: Hay bale is a bundle of 9 wheat that can be found placed in and around a village. Hay bales boost a horse’s health by 10 hearts.
3) Apples: Apples can drop from tree leaves in Minecraft. You can also find a trade for apples from a farmer villager. Apples give a horse 1.5 hearts.
4) Golden Carrots: These are crafted with regular carrots and golden nuggets. Golden carrots increase a horse’s health by 2 hearts.
5) Golden Apple: Golden apples are crafted by wrapping an apple in gold ingots. They can also be found in the chests of structures like dungeons, temples, etc. Feeding a golden apple to your horse will restore 5 hearts of health.
6) Sugar: Players can craft sugar from ‘Sugar cane’ that can be found easily, generating near water bodies. Sugar will restore ½ heart when fed to a horse.
7) Enchanted golden apple: Being the rarest item in the game, no one will want to feed their horse an ‘Enchanted golden apple’. And even If you feed one to your horse, it won’t give your horse the potion effects.
These are all the foods that you can feed to your horses in Minecraft. Keep in mind that golden carrots and golden apples can be used to breed horses. This is all you might need to know about the appetite of a Minecraft horse. For more Minecraft facts check out ANDROIDGRAM.