If you have been handling PCs for a long time now, you must have heard of the term “USB Flash Drive”. Well, you may even know how to create them. It’s pretty simple to make one – you will need a USB Drive. Although it’s a quick and easy process, beginners may need some help to create their first bootable USB Flash Drive. Want to install Windows 11 on a USB Flash Drive but don’t know where to start from? We are here with an elaborate guide on creating a bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 11 clean installation. Keep reading to know.
What is a bootable USB Drive and how is it useful?
A bootable USB Flash Drive will let you install an operating system on your PC from the beginning. If you have bought a setup CD for Windows before, that CD is actually a bootable drive for Windows. However, it is pre-created by Microsoft for your needs. A bootable USB flash drive can help you reload your OS in times of need and even help you restore data if backed up. So, how can we create a bootable flash drive for personal use? Before heading on to the guide, make sure that you have a USB drive of 8 GB (minimum). Also, we will be guiding you on how to create a bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 11. You can use the same process for Windows 10, Windows 8, and Linux-based operating systems (Ubuntu) too.
Windows 11 is not readily available as a bootable CD drive in stores yet – unlike Windows 10. So, a bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 11 may be extremely helpful in times of a data wipe situation or clean installation. This is especially true if you own a Desktop running on Windows 11.
Install Windows 11 on your USB Flash Drive (bootable)
Also Read: How to add a Flipclock on Windows 11?
Follow these steps to create a bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 11:
1) Insert the USB Flash Drive into your PC.
2) Visit the official Microsoft website for Windows 11 downloads.
3) Next, click on the Download button under Create Windows 11 Installation Media. Or, click on this link to download.
4) Once the download is complete, open it up and select Yes when asked whether you want to allow this app.
5) In the next window, select Accept. You will then be asked to choose the edition and language. If you want to select a different language instead of the recommended one, uncheck the box beside Use the recommended options. Then, select the language you would like from the dropdown. Once done, select Next.
6) In the next window, you will be asked to choose which media to use. Choose the USB flash drive option and select Next.
7) Now, select the USB drive that you want to use. Make sure you choose the right drive name.
8) Select Next. And, that’s about it! Windows 11 will install on the USB Flash Drive you have chosen.
Once the installation is complete, you can eject the USB drive and keep it for times when you need to clean install Windows 11. Hope this guide helped you create your very own bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 11. For more such articles, stay tuned to Androidgram!