Unable to get your controller to work while using Xbox Cloud Gaming services? Don’t worry as we are here to help you troubleshoot any controller issue for you. Xbox Cloud Gaming is a boon for gamers who want to try a game before downloading it. With Xbox Cloud Gaming, peeps can now utilize their fast internet connections to play games without exhausting their limited bandwidth. However, did you know that only a handful of controllers work excellently for cloud gaming? Before choosing a controller for Xbox Cloud Gaming, we suggest you take a look at the list of best-suited controllers. Among all, we suggest you use official Xbox controllers like Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 and 2 for a better experience. However, you can also use controllers designed for Xbox Cloud Gaming. Using controllers which are verified can work, but cause issues sometimes. Keep reading to know some troubleshooting steps.
Xbox cloud gaming controller not working in 2022: Fixes & Workarounds
If you are unable to get your controller to work while cloud gaming on Xbox, try the following fixes/workarounds-
1) Unplug your controller from your console and plug it back in.
If you are using a wired controller, the best way to troubleshoot a non-working controller is to unplug and plug it back in. This way, you can fix an undetected controller issue. If you are using a wireless controller, disconnect it from your console or mobile device and add it again.
2) Power-cycle your controller.
Performing a power cycle can also help fix a controller issue. To perform a power cycle, follow these steps:
– Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds to switch off the controller.
– Wait for 15 seconds.
– Now, hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds to switch on the controller.
3) If your controller is not switching on, check the batteries.
Check whether the batteries in your controller are functioning properly. Replace them with fresh ones and check whether your controller switches on. You can also connect your controller directly to your console using a USB to micro-USB and check whether the controller works.
Note: If you are using a controller with an in-built battery, just try connecting it using a USB-C cable. If the controller doesn’t power on even after connecting through a USB cable, you may need a controller replacement.
4) Check for your controller updates.
Outdated firmware may cause your controller to malfunction. Follow these steps to check for a pending update:
– Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide on your console.
– Navigate to Profile & Settings > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
– Select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.
– If you see an Update option, select it to update your controller.
If you are unable to update your controller, power cycle your console (hold the Xbox button on your console front) and try again.
5) If on PC, connect the controller using a USB cable.
As per reports, some controllers like MOGA XP5-X Plus don’t work when connected to your PC via Bluetooth. So, try connecting your controller to your PC via a USB cable instead. Some reports also suggest that the Game Pass app or the Xbox App needs a controller that supports XInput to support Cloud Gaming. However, you can use any supported controllers via browsers like Chrome and Edge Canary.
5) Controller stopped working while playing on your Android/iOS device? Try this.
Make sure your device’s OS is up-to-date. Try force closing your browser, and then launch it again. If on Android, force stop the Xbox Game Pass app and try again. Disable a few settings like auto-rotate and accessibility (guided access in IOS) which can cause input problems.