Teredo is a network protocol used by Xbox. With the help of this protocol, a connection is established between the system and the internet. It allows the device to connect to the internet even when the user is using a type of network connection called IPv6 which is not supported by some Xbox consoles and PCs. However, lately, this very important protocol is facing some errors. Even though Xbox Team has recognized it, players might still encounter it from time to time. Therefore, we will be discussing some of the best fixes to fix the Xbox Teredo Error for both PC and Xbox consoles.
Also read: SimDa dating app not working: How to fix it?
Xbox Teredo Error: How to fix it?
1) Check your network connection:
The first thing that you can do to get rid of this error is to make sure that you have a stable internet connection. You can do this by running a network test on your Xbox. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Test network connection.
2) Update your router
The second thing that you need to do is update your router. You can go to the official website of your router and from there, you can search for your model number and check if there are any pending updates available for your router.
3) Enable Teredo Connectivity
One of the most important things to ensure is that Teredo Connectivity is enabled on your device. You can do this by looking in the manual of your router or the website of the manufacturer. Once you get the steps down, you can implement them and enable Teredo Connectivity for your router.
4) Restart your Router
After you enable Teredo Connectivity, you can restart your router by unplugging it and then plugging it in again.
1) Restart your console
You will also need to restart your Xbox console so that it gains fresh settings upon a new start.
2) Try switching your network connection to wireless
If you are using a cable to connect to the internet, try connecting your console through Wi-Fi. If you are using Wi-Fi, try connecting your console through the LAN cable.
3) Reset your console:
You can also try resetting your console if none of the fixes given above seem to work. You can do this by going to the guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller. From there, go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info. Now, reset your console from here and select “Reset and keep my games and apps.”
1) Press the Fix it button
If you are using Windows 10, go to Start> Settings> Gaming> Xbox Networking. Here, you can press the Fix it button and once the process is complete, restart your computer.
2) Re-enable Teredo
If a program disables Teredo on your PC, you will have to re-enable it by entering a specific set of commands. However, before you do that, you will have to check if you even need to manually enable Teredo by checking if it is disabled or not. For that, you will have to enter these commands-
- Open the command prompt on your system.
- Run the command: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo
- If the output of the command yields the message, “Type REG_DWORD 0x4”, this means Teredo is disabled on your system and now you will have to re-enable it. You can do this by running the Command Prompt as admin and then typing the following command: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
- Now, you will have to check the Tcplp6 registry path. To do so, type this command on the admin Command Prompt that you opened in the previous step: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
- If you see the output message of the command as “DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e” and not 0x0, this means Teredo is disabled on your system.
- You can enable it by running this command on the same admin Command Prompt: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0
- Now, you will have to restart the IP Helper Service by the following commands through admin Command Prompt: sc stop iphlpsvc sc start iphlpsvc
3) Update Asus Game First Service:
If you are using an Asus system, you will have to update the Asus Game First Service to its latest version.
4) Disable Asus Game First Service and re-enable Teredo
You can go to the Admin Command prompt and disable the Asus Game First service. After that, you will have to re-enable Teredo for your system by using the following commands:
- sc config AsusGameFirstService start= disabled
- sc stop AsusGameFirstService
- reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0
5) Make sure the IP Helper service is running:
You can make sure that the IP Helper service is starting automatically on your system and running properly. To do so, you will have to search Services. Here, you will have to search for IP Helper manually. Now, right-click on the IP Helper service and go to its properties. If the startup type is Automatic, you don’t need to worry. However, if it is not, change it to automatic by clicking on it. Also, select “Start” under the service status.
6) Make sure that the Teredo server name is correct:
- Go to the command prompt and run it with admin rights. Now, type the following command: netsh interface Teredo show state
- If you see a message “failed to resolve server name” run the following command to set the Teredo server name to default: netsh interface Teredo set state servername=default
7) Disconnect your VPN:
Try disconnecting your VPN and then check the status of Teredo connectivity. You can try uninstalling the VPN network adapter and then check if you are still getting the error or not.
8) Restart your PC:
After applying all these fixes, you can try restarting your PC so that the changes take effect.
On this note, we hope you won’t have to face Xbox Teredo Error on your system. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.