Facing the Unable to retrieve patch error in Age of Empires 4 (IV)? Well, players may come across this error if the game was unable to successfully download one or more server-side patches. Looking for troubleshooting techniques to get rid of the Unable to retrieve patch error in Age of Empires 4 (IV)? Keep reading this article to know.
Age of Empires 4 (IV) Unable to Retrieve patch error: How to fix it?
Try the following troubleshooting techniques –
Confirm that Windows Time is Set to the Appropriate Region & Time Zone
Your system clock data may have become outdated. Because of incorrect time information, the game may display unsynchronized data and features. Please perform the following to fix the issue –
1) Firstly, type region settings in Search Bar and press Enter.
2) Next, check whether the region listed under the country & region dropdown in your region settings is accurate.
3) Now, click Date & Time from the left-side navigation menu.
4) Make sure that your time zone is listed correctly from the dropdown menu.
5) Now, under Synchronize your Clock option, click Sync Now.
6) Next, restart your machine and launch the game.
Delete your Age of Empires IV Folder
As mentioned before, the Unable to retrieve patch error is usually seen when the patch/update fails to download properly. However, there will be some residual, partial patch files in your Age of Empires IV folder. You should delete the folder to reset your patch history.
1) Firstly, open File Explorer.
2) Next, go to Quick Access > Documents > MyGames.
3) Look for the Age of Empires IV folder and delete the folder.
4) Now, relaunch the game.
Make sure you are continuously connected to a stable internet connection
Check the stability of your internet connection through the Task Manager.
1) Firstly, run Task Manager.
2) Secondly, go to the Performance tab.
3) Now, launch the game while keeping an eye on the Task Manager.
4) You should see continuous graph activity in the WiFi tab of the Task Manager.
If you see the graph stop reporting data at the same time you get the error, your internet connection is at fault. So, it is better to try a different internet service to get rid of the Unable to retrieve patch error in Age of Empires 4 (IV).
Please close other internet-intensive applications
Network-intensive apps will eat up a majority of your internet speed. So, to stop such apps, perform the following –
1) Firstly, run Task Manager.
2) Then, go to the Processes tab.
3) Now, sort the list by the Network column, signifying network usage.
4) Launch the game and keep an eye on the list of processes running.
If you see an unwanted application taking up a lot of internet resources, consider ending the process.
Turn off VPNs
If you use a VPN, some settings may prevent Age of Empires 4 (IV) from accessing the internet or downloading updates. Disable your VPN to see if the patch is able to download.
For more guides on Age of Empires 4 (IV) and other video games, stay tuned to Androidgram!