Seeing a lot of warning pop-ups while changing Graphics Settings in Age of Empires 4? Those pop up usually because of system incompatibility. Several players have reported facing the issue, and hence, we are here with a troubleshooting guide for the same. You will need to check your system’s specifications first and compare them with the minimum system requirements for the game to run properly. If you meet the requirements, you will have to tweak a few settings on your PC to optimize GPU usage. Read this article to know more about the issue and how to take care of it.
Age of Empires 4 (IV) warning pops when trying to change Graphics Settings
It is easy to decode the reason behind the said warning pop-up. This is because the error message is quite elaborate and points at the exact issue – system incompatibility. And, here’s what the error message says-
Warning! Your system does not meet minimum requirements for this setting. you may experience the game crashing, lagging, or being unresponsive.
If you have changed your Graphics Settings to something which is incompatible with your system, you will see the above pop-up. Clicking on CONTINUE will dismiss the window, but as warned, you may experience crashes, lags, and an unresponsive game. However, looking at the message, we can easily determine where to troubleshoot exactly. So, let’s get started.
How to fix the warning pop-ups?
First, you should check the GPU you are using. An older GPU may not support high graphic settings in the game. However, if you feel that your GPU is powerful enough to handle the game at high graphics, it is possible that your PC features multiple GPUs. If yes, you will have to change your system settings so that the game can use the more powerful GPU. However, the process differs a little depending on the platform you use to play Age of Empires 4:
1) Open Steam, open Library, and look for Age of Empires 4.
2) Secondly, right-click on the game and select Manage and then Browse Local Files.
3) A file explorer window will open. Highlight the file pathway and copy it.
4) Open Windows Start menu and search for Graphics Settings. Open it and click Browse.
5) A file explorer window will open again. Paste the copied file pathway into the file pathway field.
6) Now, select the game’s executable application (RelicCardinal.exe).
7) Once done, the application will show up on the Graphics Settings page.
8) Now, click Options. Change the graphics preference in the pop-up window to High Performance.
9) Now, Save the changes.
1) Open Windows Start menu, search for Graphics Settings, and open it.
2) Now, change the dropdown option from Desktop App to Microsoft Store App.
3) Select Age of Empires 4 from the second dropdown.
4) Now, click on Add.
5) Once done, the application will show up on the Graphics Settings page.
6) Now, click Options. Change the graphics preference in the pop-up window to High Performance.
7) Now, Save the changes.
If the above doesn’t work and you are still seeing the warning pop-up, contact Support for further resolutions. For more articles on Age of Empires 4, stay tuned to Androidgram!