AltStore allows you to download iOS apps on your phone without any restrictions. It also lets you download paid apps and games for free. Suppose you are in the US, and you want to download an app from a different region. AltStore will allow you to download that app without any restrictions. And, you wouldn’t require to jailbreak into getting your favorite apps. AltStore doesn’t base itself on It can be set up very easily using a computer, be it Windows or Mac. The application features the following:
- It resigns and installs any app using your Apple ID.
- AltStore can install apps over WiFi using AltServer
- It refreshes apps after regular intervals in the background to stop them from expiring. The phone should be on the same WiFi as AltServer.
- AltStore also handles app updates directly through AppStore. You wouldn’t have to worry about updating your app.
AltStore is a web application and, therefore, can be prone to issues like sign-in difficulties. If you have issues with installation, read this article to know some working fixes.
AltStore not installing: Fixes?
The AltStore installation issue can happen due to many reasons. Here’s a detailed article on how to install AltStore. If you are facing trouble while installing AltStore, here are a few techniques you can try to fix it.
- Make sure you Trust on both your computer and phone after connecting it to your computer. This will establish a proper connection. If you want to check whether you have already trusted, open iTunes and see if a dialog box pops up asking if you want to trust your phone.
- You can try using another Apple ID. If you don’t have an extra id, you can make one for free by visiting here. You can use this id specifically with AltStore.
If you are on Windows
- You will have to make sure that iTunes and/or iCloud are running while you are using AltServer.
- Right-click AltServer and choose “Run as Administrator”. Running as an administrator will solve any authentication issues.
- Make sure you install iTunes or iCloud from Apple only. If you have downloaded those apps from the Microsoft Windows store, you’ll need to uninstall them and download the latest versions directly from Apple. Click here for iTunes and here for iCloud.