AltStore is an alternative for the official App Store for Apple devices. AltStore allows you to install and run apps from App Store by tricking Apple into thinking that those apps are developed by you. It is an interesting app but requires some knowledge of firewalls and other modifications. If you already use AltStore and cannot sign in to the application, read this article to know the troubleshooting techniques.
AltStore sign-in issues/taking forever to sign in: Fixes?
AltStore users can face sign-in issues, or the software could take forever to sign in. This issue can occur for several reasons. If you’re facing this issue, try the following fixes and troubleshooting to fix issue:
- Check whether your Windows firewall is blocking incoming network connections to AltServer. Windows Firewalls are known to block newly downloaded applications. Enable network access for AltServer in your firewall settings. Then, it will be able to receive refreshed apps from AltStore.
- If you have installed iTunes or iCloud from the Microsoft Store, that might be causing an issue. To fix it, uninstall them. Then, download the same apps from Apple Store.
- Make sure that iTunes and iCloud are running on your PC.
Other troubleshooting techniques
- If you are on public/work/school WiFi, your WiFi may cause interruption. So, if your devices are trying to connect, they may fail to do so because of the intervening network. To fix this problem, use your phone’s hotspot instead of the public WiFi, and the issue may get resolved.
- You will have to allow your phone to connect to your computer. To do so, you will have to tap on “Trust” when the pop-up comes up on both devices. This will assure the devices and they can be connected then. If you are not sure whether you have tapped on “Trust”, you can check so from the iTunes app on your computer. Open the app and see if a dialog box pops up asking whether you want to trust your phone.
If none of the above works, this tip will surely solve all your connectivity issues. Plug your phone into your computer. But, note that AltStore may not be able to refresh apps for you in the background over WiFi if the phone is connected directly to your PC.
Hope you are now able to sign in to AltStore without any issues.