Wondering how to fix the Bonelab Index Controller not working issue? Then you, my friend, might want to read the complete article. A lot of players have reported that they are unable to play the game because their controller is not responding. The main issue seems to be the game not recognizing the key bindings and hence not working properly. So, if you are searching for solutions as well, then you don’t have to look any further. In this article, we will help you fix the Bonelab Index Controller not working issue. So, make sure to stick with us till the very end.
Bonelab is a new VR game that has recently hit stores. Folks are enjoying the great physics and good graphics of the game. The sandbox design allows you to roam free and complete missions and levels according to your will. So far, the game has been running smoothly for most players. Unfortunately, a couple of them have run into some issues. The majority of these issues are related to either the VR headset or the controllers. This has ruined the experience for most of them. But, you don’t have to worry about it anymore. So without any further ado, let us proceed with the main topic.
| Also read: How to play Roblox in VR on Oculus Quest 2?
Bonelab Index Controller not working issue: Is there any fix yet?
Unfortunately, the developers have not yet released an official hotfix for the Bonelab Index Controller not working issue. However, they have provided a FAQ on Reddit where the developers have discussed a couple of issues. Below, we also have some methods that might help you out. So, let us begin.
1) First, reboot your system.
2) Next, restart your VR headset and controller as well.
3) When you launch the game, make sure that your controller is connected and turned on.
4) Most folks have encountered this issue because they are using a different controller than their headsets. So, we recommend using the same controller as your VR headset.
5) Make sure that your game is up to date. A few players have reported that the developers have added a new preset that has solved this issue for Index controllers.
6) If you have enabled OpenXR, then disable it and then run the game. Otherwise, go to Steam VR Settings> Advanced> Developer Settings. Here, enable OpenXR.
7) If you’re using SteamVR, then make sure that the key bindings are the same as the OpenXR runtime bindings. Also, you can switch to SteamVR beta from the settings.
8) If the issue persists, then go to Steam> Library> right-click Bonelab> Properties> Local Files. Now, click on Verify Integrity of the game files and wait for the process to complete.
9) Another user has suggested downloading a third-party app called OpenXR toolkit solved the issue for him. Launch this app in-game and then set controller emulation to both.
10) If nothing else helps, try reinstalling Bonelab.
Well, this brings us to the end of this article. We hope that you found it helpful. Stay tuned to Android Gram, and happy gaming.