The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is one of the classic titles in The Elder Scrolls series. Released in 2002, the game has surpassed a lifespan of more than two decades now. Originally, Morrowind was released for Microsoft Windows and Xbox. However, many Steam Deck users are wondering if they can enjoy this title on their native devices. This is not only because Morrowind brings back memories, but it was a good game that stayed with its fans for so long. Developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks, Morrowind is an open-world action role-playing video game that gives you the taste of action, adventure, and most importantly memories. So, can you play Morrowind on Steam Deck? As it is pretty clear that this title doesn’t have official Deck support, how can you make it run on your Deck? Well, let’s find out.
Also read: Can you play Oblivion on Steam Deck
Can you play Morrowind on Steam Deck
Yes, you can play Morrowind on Steam Deck. All you will have to do is go through an extra set of steps and you will be enjoying this title like any game on your device. So, consider following the mentioned steps-
- The first thing you need to do is install Elder Scrolls Morrowind on your Steam Deck. Next, switch to Desktop mode.
- Now, go to “Discover” which is the app store of Steam Deck.
- From here, search for “Proton DC” or “Proton” and install it.
- Now, just open the app and select “Luxtorpeda” to download on your device. It is a simple tool that runs games with the help of native Linux engines.
- Once the download is complete, exit the Desktop Mode. Now, go to Morrowind> Options> Compatibility.
- Instead of choosing Proton, select “Luxtorpeda”.
- After this, you can tweak OpenMW in the launcher as per your liking.
By following these steps, you will be able to run Morrowind on your Steam Deck. However, you need to make sure that you execute the installation of Luxtorpeda correctly. Moreover, if you want mod support for the game, you can go for it too. In the end, make sure that you don’t forget to visit Androidgram frequently for more interesting articles like this in the world of tech and gaming.