After many reports from Destiny 2 players who are unable to link their Twitch to their Bungie account due to the authentication error, we have prepared this guide for you to help you get rid of the issue. In this article, we will be sharing all the details we know about this issue and discuss the potential fixes for it. Here’s everything you need to know.
Well, if you are a Destiny 2 player, bugs and glitches are common occurrences to you. With the release of Season 15 in Destiny 2, the game got a huge influx of bugs as many have been reporting about them consistently. However, the devs did fix some of the major bugs of the game with the release of a new hotfix, but new ones just keep on appearing out of nowhere.
Recently, according to many reports from players, there seems to be a problem in Destiny 2 due to which they are getting an authentication error while linking their Twitch to their Bungie account. Well, if you are facing this issue, continue reading this article as we have provided a potential fix for it.
Did you know that in Destiny 2 some players are facing an issue where the atlas skews from Tracing the Stars(II) aren’t showing up? To know more about this, consider visiting our detailed article here.
Destiny 2 Authentication Error while linking Twitch to Bungie account: Fixed?
The official game devs of Destiny 2 have responded to one of many reports from players facing this issue. They have suggested the following measures:
- Clearing browser cookies and cache
- Open an incognito private window and try again
- Use another browser
- Try the official Destiny Companion app to authenticate
- Log into your platform account on the platform’s official websites then retry authentication
Well, if the above-mentioned method didn’t work for you, then try this potential workaround that has been suggested by a player:
- First, open the official app and click on More
- Select the cross-save option (this will open a browser within the app itself).
- If your user icon doesn’t appear, click the menu icon on the top right and sign in.
- Select your user icon and click on Settings.
- Then, select Account Linking.
- If the app says that you are linked to twitch, select the unlink option.
- Then select the link account on the Twitch option to link your Twitch account with Bungie.
Now the issue must be fixed for you. However, note that this is a temporary workaround and not a permanent fix, so it might not work for everyone. Well, now you know how to get rid of this issue. For more guides and information on new games, make sure to stay tuned with us on AndroidGram.