Dragon Age Origins is a game that has been on the market for more than a decade now. Developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts, the game has aged like a fine wine. However, lately, many players are facing an issue with the game in Windows 11. Dragon Age Origins is constantly crashing on Windows 11 and players are looking for ways to fix it. Therefore, we will be giving you some of the best solutions to get over this issue.
Also read: AMD error 195 on Windows 11: How to fix it
Dragon Age Origins crashing on Windows 11: How to fix it
1) For GOG/Origin)
- The first thing you can do is apply a 4GB patch after making the backup copy of <path-to-game>\bin_ship\daorigins.exe file.
- After creating the backup, you will have to download the 4GB patch from here.
- Now, you will have to start the program. After that, it will ask you to choose a file. Here, you need to choose the daorigins.exe file. Once done, try launching the game.
2) For Steam
- Make a backup copy of the daorigins.exe file in the game’s directory.
- After that, you will have to download an alternate daorigins.exe file from here.
- Now, you will have to replace the game’s .exe file with the downloaded file.
- Next, launch the game, and it should work.
3) Change the processor affinity
Go to the task manager. After that, you will have to right-click on the daorigins.exe process and select the option that says “Set processor affinity”. After that, you will have to uncheck all the cores except the first 2 cores.
4) Lower the graphics settings
You can also lower the graphics settings of the game if it crashes continuously on your system. For that, you will have to go to the “Video” tab in the options window. Now, you have to change the graphics details and texture details to medium or low.
5) Update graphics drivers
You also need to update your graphics drivers to the latest version possible. For this, you will have to go to the official website of your GPU manufacturer and download the latest version available.
6) Force Direct X 9
You can also try forcing Direct X 9 for your Steam version of the game. For this, you will have to go to the Steam library and open the properties of Dragon Age: Origins. Now, you will have to go to the launch options of the game. Here, you can type “-dx9” in the input box of the launch options.
7) Disable overlays of apps
To disable overlay programs, such as Discord or Steam overlay, open the program’s settings and navigate to the overlay section. From there, disable the overlay settings.
8) Perform Clean boot
As per many reports, performing a clean boot has fixed the problem for many. So, if you are facing consistent crashes while playing the game, then you should try this method.
9) Open the game in Windowed mode
You can also try opening the game in Windowed mode to avoid crashes. For this, you’ll have to go to the game, open it and press the Alt+Enter key together.
By following these steps, you can stop the crashes in the game. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.