Imagine buying a video game, and it just refuses to launch. That’s very disheartening. Many Eastward players faced issues with launching the video game. Eastward was released on September 16 for PC and Nintendo Switch. It’s too soon to expect a completely bug-free video game out of Eastward. So, we are coming across reports of issues with launching the game, video resolutions, and many more. However, the good thing about Eastward is that its developers are very active. They are working round the clock to provide players the best experience they can. So, obviously, the launch issue has also been addressed almost immediately after receiving a few reports. Read this article to know how to fix a launch error in Eastward.
Can’t launch the game. I’ve verified local integrity file, and still can’t launch it
i5 9400f, gtx 1050, 12GB ram, openGL 4.6
Eastward game not launching: How to fix it?
To fix the issue with Eastward’s boot process, you will have to do the following:
- Try this fix as suggested by a few players on Discord. Force stop Steam using the Task Manager (Press Ctrl + Alt + delete key and then select Task Manager) by right-clicking on Steam in the task list and selecting End Task. Relaunch Steam. Then, try launching Eastward.
- Clearing cache can help. Go to Steam > Settings > Downloads. Click on Clear Downloads Cache and then restart Steam. Try launching Eastward.
- Open Steam library. Right-click on Eastward and select Properties. Then, select Local Files > Verify Integrity. Verifying game files’ integrity helps fix any crash issue.
- Sometimes, your anti-virus can interfere with the video game you are trying to launch. To fix the launch issue in Eastward, try disabling your anti-virus and re-launch the game.
- Look for Visual C++ 2015-2019 in the programs list. Uninstall the program. Download the latest Visual C++ 2015-2019 from here. Re-install the files. After completing the process, restart your system. Try launching the game now.
Game instantly crashes whenever I try to open it. Tried verifying the game files and reinstalling. Starting in OpenGL gets a window to open briefly before crashing.
If the above doesn’t work, report this issue in detail by replying to this official Steam thread. Hope this article solves the launch issue in Eastward for you. For more articles like this, stay tuned to us.