Elden Ring is one of the best games in the souls-like genre. It was released on February 25, 2022, on multiple platforms. It has graphics like no other while also maintaining the no-nonsense game style. Remnant 2 also tried to follow in its footsteps, but Elden Ring is Elden Ring. However, the only downside is that the game still isn’t well optimized for Nvidia’s latest DLSS. But a solo developer released a mod for Elden Ring that isn’t just well-optimized for DLSS 3, but also works out of the box. So, let’s discuss what this mod does, and how to download it.
DLSS 3 has some interesting features, but unfortunately, it works best on the RTX 40 series card. DLSS 3.5 was just released a while ago at the time of writing this article, so we hope that a new mod will arrive for it soon. Anyway, now let’s see how to download the DLSS Mod for Elden Ring mod and what it offers in detail.
Elden Ring DLSS mod: How to get & download it
Frame Generation in DLSS 3 is a 40 Series GPU-only feature that uses AI to boost both the visuals and frames of a game. With this mod, you can get a much more stable and high FPS in-game. The super-resolution also uses AI to upscale the visuals even further, and with these features, you can play Elden Ring like never before. Now let’s see how to download it.
Download Link for the Elden Ring DLSS mod
This mod has been entirely developed and made by one developer, called PureDark. However, you can get the mod after you join the dev’s Patreon page. Become a Patreon supporter, and then you will eventually have the ability to download the DLSS mod for Elden Ring. In some of his latest posts, he confirmed that the DLSS 3 has been working for the game, and finally, on July 28th, he released the Elden Ring Upscaler for Version 1.10.0. However, since you are here, you must not be able to download the mod, right? Well, if that’s the case, here’s what you need to know.
- First, to download or get access to this mod, you have to become a Patreon member by subscribing to either a $5 or $10 per month plan.
- After subscribing, you will have access to the Discord channel and can download the latest builds. But before this, you must make sure that your Patreon account is linked to Discord. Only after this will you find a Join Discord Server button right under the Membership page. Click on it to join the server.
- Now, on the Discord server, you need to head to the Beta-access channel and download the DLSS mod.
Note: Remember that you can download the mod only after you become an official member on his Patreon page. Modding requires a lot of time and effort, and $5 is a reasonable price.
How to install the mod?
Installing the mod is also quite an easy process. Here are the required steps:
- First, download and extract the mod files into the game’s installation folder.
- Now, launch Elden Ring and set it to use Fullscreen.
- After this, exit the game, download the Anti-Cheat Toggler mod from here, and paste the content of the extracted folders into the game’s installation directory again.
- Now, double-click on the Toggle_Anti_Cheat file. This will disable EAC.
- Once that’s done, launch the game, and then press the Home button on your keyboard. This will bring up the Upscaler menu in-game. Before this, make sure that the anti-aliasing and motion blur options in-game are turned on.
- Now, head to the ReShade section and checkmark the EldenRingUpscalerUIComposite option.
- Head to the next tab, and checkmark the first two options under the Generic Depth addon.
- After this, press Numpad * to toggle the upscaler, and checkmark the Enable option as well as the DLSS Frame Generation option.
How do you download the Elden Ring DLSS mod for free?
Unfortunately, you cannot. Although there may be some leaks from his Discord channel, it’s best to avoid them entirely. Some leaked files may contain trackers or even viruses that can harm your PC for good. That’s why we recommend simply becoming an official supporter and getting the mod from the official source instead of the other way around. Another interesting piece of information is that the developer consistently releases new mods for new games. For example, he also released mods for both Starfield and Baldur’s Gate 3. You can get access to all these by just paying $5 per month!
This was our guide on how to get and download the Elden Ring DLSS Mod. Always download from the official source, and try to avoid any shady links promising free access. If you find this guide informative, make sure to follow Android Gram for more.