Steam is a digital platform for the distribution of video games. It also serves as a mobile digital storefront for PC video games. Steam offers digital rights management, installation, social networking services, server hosting, and video streaming. Steam also includes cloud storage, in-game voice, and chat functionality.
A user can build a library of all popular game titles on Steam. To persuade gamers to buy video games via Steam, it also advertises numerous discounts and promotional offers. Steam also offers a popular sharing feature called Family Sharing. Buying several copies of a video game to play on different PCs or devices doesn’t seem feasible. The best a person can do in this circumstance is to set up Steam’s Family Sharing on their account. This gives approved users access to your Steam library, allowing them to download and install games available in your library. Wondering how to enable Family Sharing on Steam & Share games? Continue reading the article.
How To Enable Family Sharing on Steam?
Follow the steps mentioned below to allow the family sharing to share games:
1) Ask the person you want to share games with to log in to Steam on the PC that you want to set up sharing on. You must also be logged in to Steam on your PC.
2) Next, go to your Steam and then go over to the Settings menu.
3) Once you are at Settings, you will find different options popped up here. The second option you’re going to see is the option ‘Family’, select family.
4) Now, select the accounts you want to share your Steam Library with from the options provided.
5) Once you select the box next to the accounts, click OK.
Few Points to keep in mind regarding Steam Family Sharing
1) You cannot be selective while sharing your Steam Library. While sharing, your entire library is completely available for approved devices to access.
2) If you are unable to play the games which are a part of the library you have access to, the library’s owner may have logged in through his account to play. Only the account holder’s approved devices have access to shared games. When the account holder’s library is currently in use on his/her computer, even authorized devices will be unable to access shared games.
3) There is a limit to how many people you can share your library with. For now, the limit is near 10 people.
4) You cannot play a shared game at the same time with your friend. If you try to do so, your computer will reboot as a safety measure.