Are you struggling with Farming Simulator (FS) 22 not using GPU issue? Then you, my friend, have arrived at the right article. Quite a few folks have reported that the game is not utilizing their GPU. Now, it is not an inherent issue if the game is running fine. But in most cases, the game starts using too much CPU and leads to overheating. We all know that overheating ultimately leads to several other issues that ruin the gaming experience. So in this article, we will tell you how to fix the Farming Simulator (FS) 22 not using GPU issue. Stick with us till the end.
Farming Simulator 22 is one of the best simulator games on the market. It provides you with top-of-the-rack machinery that is used in modern agriculture. Farming Simulator 22 aims to be as realistic as possible. You will need to take care of crops and make sure to follow every step carefully to get a good yield. Fans love the accuracy of farming in the game. The developers also added a season cycle system that only adds more to the realism. Now, the game has some great graphics so the folks expect it to use their graphic card. But, some peeps have noticed that Fs 22 is not using their GPU at all. Therefore, we have compiled some solutions that might help you with the problem.
Farming Simulator (FS) 22 not using GPU: How to fix it?
We have mentioned multiple times that a well-balanced game utilizes both the CPU and the GPU of the system. If any of them are under or over-utilized then this indicates that the game or your PC has some issues. Now, to help you fix these issues, we have some simple solutions.
1) The first step is to reboot your PC. This frees up the system memory and turns off the background tasks.
2) Now, run your game and press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open the Task Manager. Next, check if any other task is hogging up the GPU usage. If you find such a task, make sure to stop it.
3) Sometimes, apps malfunction and give wrong readings. So, we suggest you try another app like HWiNFO64 to test your GPU’s usage.
4) Launch Steam and go to Library. Now, right-click Farming Simulator 22> Properties> Local Files. Here, click on Verify integrity of the game files and wait for the task to be completed. Now, restart your PC and try the game again.
5) Outdated GPU drivers also affect its performance. So, make sure to download any pending updates that you might have.
6) Press the Windows key and type Settings. Now, click on Gaming> Graphics Settings. Here, click on Browse and add FS 22’s executable file. Now, highlight the game and click on Options. Select High Performance and then click on Save.
7) One Reddit user suggested that unlocking the Frame Rates from the in-game settings will increase the GPU usage. We are not sure if this method will work out so take it with a grain of salt.
In the end, if your game is running fine, then it must be utilizing your GPU. Otherwise, you will get choppy graphics and other artifacts. Also, make sure that your system features the minimum specs needed to run the game. If the CPU is underpowered compared to the GPU, the CPU may be bottlenecking the GPU. This brings us to the end of our article. We hope that you found it helpful. You can also check out our other article on How to fix Elden Ring now using the GPU issue. Stay tuned to Android Gram, and happy gaming.