GTA Online is the online counterpart of Grand Theft Auto V. The game is known for its freely playable mode. If you are not a fan of story modes and still want to play GTA, GTA Online may be a good place for you to start. Also, if you love racing games, GTA Online can totally give you immense satisfaction. Another thing about GTA Online is that it has frequent updates which keep the content and gameplay fresh. Moreover, if you get GTA Online now, there are 10 new customizable cars and a new Car Meet waiting for you, as a part of the new update.
GTA Online: Los Santos Tuners update was released on July 20 (yesterday), but has been giving out a nasty error. Read the article to know more about it.
GTA Online Los Santos Tuners update not working issue: Fixes?
GTA Online’s update issue was faced by many. However, the developers addressed this situation and came up with a reason for the error and a working solution.
The error was stubborn enough to not allow the GTA Online game to launch and comes with a description saying “Failed to connect to the Rockstar Games Library Service”. Why would an error like this occur?
Developers say that this error may occur due to incomplete Windows 10 updates. Or, a component that Rockstar Games Launcher uses to function properly may be misconfigured. There’s also a chance that Rockstar Games Launcher Library Service is paused or stopped under Windows services. All these issues may cause GTA Online to not work properly.
Here’s how you can solve the error according to the developers!
- Please update your version of Windows.
- If you are running Windows 10, please complete all your updates to the latest using Windows Update.
- To do this, visit Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and then click on Check for updates.
2. Download and run the Rockstar Games Launcher installer.
- When you run the Rockstar Games Launcher installer, the launcher will check the status of all previously installed components and the status of the Rockstar Games Library Service as well.
- If a discrepancy is found, the Library Services error is likely to happen. The launcher will return the status of the error.
- You can download the launcher from here.
In addition to this, a user also came up with a working solution by investigating the logs of the game. The user pointed out that there is some issue with Rockstar Games Library Service itself, and hence it is restarting when the launcher starts. The same activity was showing up on the logs. The steps to solve this problem are as follows:
- Open Services from Task Manager.
- Find Rockstar Games Library Services.
- Right-click on that and set it to Automatic.
- Up there, Switch to Log On.
- Select This Account and click on Browse.
- Type in your account details. Click OK.
- Coming back to Log On, type your password, and then click OK.
- Try opening Rockstar Games Launcher again and then GTA Online should work now.
We are sure that the stubborn error is resolved for you by now. Hope you enjoy playing GTA Online: Los Santos Tuners.