The developers launched the FordPass app in 2016 to automate vehicle management. It is, however, limited to only Ford vehicles and the 2020 year model of Plug-In Hybrid Electric (PHEV). Having the FordPass app on your phone will help you with vehicular access and allow you to store important documents and manuals of your car. Signing up with the FordPass app will automatically register you with the FordPass Rewards system. You will get extra and exciting returns when you purchase a Ford vehicle. All the more, you can add your credit and debit cards to the app for times like maintenance and buying parts. Seamlessly maintain all car bills through the FordPass app.
FordPass App: Activation Pending error
Are you facing trouble with activating your vehicle identification number? Here is how to troubleshoot the problem.
When you start the FordPass Connect modem activation process on your app, you will receive a notification on your SYNC screen.
If you are still having issues, read on for more troubleshooting techniques.
- The vehicle should be parked correctly and in a well-ventilated area. Also, the car should be in start mode, not in accessory mode.
- Check your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. Make sure they are working correctly.
- If your vehicle is connected to Bluetooth, disconnect it and try the activation process again.
- Make sure you have used the same email id from the FordPass app to authorize your vehicle.
If you are getting a message saying that the vehicle is already activated, follow these steps.
- If you are the only user and still getting this message, you may have linked another email address to your FordPass app. Log out and log in with your other email address.
- If you are a secondary user, you would need the approval of an authorized user. To do so, tap the Request Authorization tab on your FordPass app. Authorized users will receive a notification. Once they approve from their app, you will be an authorized user.
We have listed the troubleshooting techniques you will need to decode the “Activation error.” We hope you will be able to use the app seamlessly now!