HBO Max is gaining a lot of popularity because of its wide range of HBO exclusive content and content from their party too. Watching HBO content on the big screen is an even better thrill. Airplay is one of Apple’s most useful allowing you to mirror your Apple devices’ screen on your TV.
Can’t mirror your HBO Max app from your iOS device to TV? Here’s how to troubleshoot.
P.S. Make sure you update your TV firmware and HBO Max app if pending. That might also cause this issue.
HBO Max Airplay not working on Samsung TV
Why won’t your Samsung TV connect to your iOS device through Airplay? There’s no specific reason why this issue might happen. But here are the fixes which will surely help you.
- You may secure an Ethernet directly from the router to the TV. Your Wi-Fi network may have traffic or other issues.
- Use a 2.4 GHz setup to connect both your WiFi and TV. Visit Settings > General > Network, and then choose among the available internet connections which do not have 5 GHz in their name. If asked to connect to the 5 GHz band, cancel it and stay on a 2.4 GHz connection.
- Reset the TV to factory settings and reconnect the device through Airplay. Factory reset is an extreme fix and might require you to reinstall everything. But, almost all errors can be fixed with this step.
- Reset the router and reconnect the device through Airplay. This will solve any network issues.
HBO Max Airplay not working for LG TV?
If you are facing trouble with using Airplay on your LG TV, don’t worry. Mind using our troubleshooting tips to fix it?
- Use a direct Ethernet connection to connect the TV instead of WiFi. We are predicting that it might be the wireless network that is causing this issue.
- Your WiFi and TV should be connected to a 2.4 GHz setup. Go to settings and then search for the TV’s network settings. You can select an of the available internet connections which do not have 5ghz in their name. Many devices don’t support a 5 GHz band.
- If your Airplay is still refusing to connect, reset the TV to factory settings and reconnect the device using Airplay. Factory reset is an extreme fix, which requires you to wait some time.
- Here’s the next fix. Reset your router and reconnect the device using Airplay.
- If none of the above works, here’s what you can do. Disable the QuickStart option on your LG TV. You can follow the steps to disable Quickstart from here.
Airplay not working for other devices?
If Airplay is not working on your Apple TV, Roku, Vizio, and others, here’s the list of the troubleshooting you can do to fix it.
- Try to connect Ethernet directly from the router to the TV.
- A 2.4 GHz setup is needed for your TV. To do so, go to Settings. Visit your Network settings on the TV, and then choose among the available internet connections which do not have 5ghz in their name. If prompted to connect to the 5ghz band, cancel it.
- If the above fixes don’t work, factory reset the TV and reconnect the device using Airplay. Factory reset is an extreme fix, which requires you to delete all data and re-install them.
- Try to reset your router and reconnect the device using Airplay. This will solve any network issues.
Follow the steps according to your TV, and HBO Max will be up and running on your TV using Airplay.