Wondering how the multiplayer works in Elden Ring? Traversing the Lands Between is way more fun with your pals than a solo adventure. The co-op feature turns Elden Ring into a world full of spooky fun. It is never a bad idea to have some company while slaying the beasts in the game. The multiplayer system in the game is way more than the random messages you see on the ground. So if you’re struggling with a boss or simply wish to share your world with your friends, you need to read this article. Below, we will tell you how the multiplayer works in Elden Ring and how to invite your friends.
FromSoftware broke all its previous records with Elden Ring. Featuring a beautiful open-world riddled with monsters out for your blood, Elden Ring tests your skills and your patience. Players familiar with the Souls series of video games aren’t hesitant to participate in the battle. In fact, they are acing most battles. On the other hand, beginners don’t really want to pay the bosses a visit. It is understandable as the Elden Ring bosses are rather intimidating. Combine that with obscure game mechanics, and you have the perfect recipe for in-game demotivation. That’s where the multiplayer feature comes in handy. Invite your best buddies and take on the bosses. But how do you do that? Well, that’s what we will tell you in the next section.
How does multiplayer work in Elden Ring?
It is a little tricky to invite your friends to Elden Ring, unlike other games. But do not let that deter you from enjoying the game with your best pals. Simply follow these steps below, and you will be all set to play Elden Ring with your friends.
1) Make sure that you have completed the tutorial and have left the Stranded Graveyard.
2) Also, make sure that you are online. Multiplayer will only work in online mode.
3) Now, open your game menu and go to the Multiplayer option.
4) Next, open Settings and enter a unique password. Make sure that your friend enters the same password in their game. This will ensure that you both only see each other’s summon signs.
5) Now, select a spot close to where your friend is in their world. Now use a Tarnished Furled Finger to put a summon sign at that spot.
6) Ask your friend to find the summon sign, and once they spot it and enter the password, you will be transported to their world.
7) Conversely, you will need a Furlcalling Finger Remedy to see the summon signs placed in the world. Make sure to have these items in your inventory before you get out to start the multiplayer.
Other multiplayer features-
1) If you wish to be summoned by random players, then do not use a password while you plop your summon sign.
2) You can also equip the Blue Cipher Ring and get summoned as a Hunter in another player’s co-op session.
3) You can also loot the Tarnished’s Wizened Finger from a corpse in the Temple of Anticipation. This item allows you to write messages that are visible to other online players.
Well, there are several limitations of the multiplayer in Elden Ring. We have listed some of them below for you to see.
1) You or your friends cannot summon the spectral steed while in co-op.
2) You cannot put your summon sign in an area where you have already defeated a boss.
3) The summoned phantoms will disappear as soon as you defeat a boss.
4) You cannot summon players for a dungeon if you haven’t already entered it. The game will boot your friends out if you try to enter a dungeon while in a co-op. You can summon your friends again after you have entered the area.
5) The phantoms hold half the flasks and other stats.
6) All the summoned players will disappear if the host is killed. So make sure to keep the host alive if you want to keep playing that session.
Note that Elden Ring is not cross-platform but is cross-gen. But to play cross-generation, you will need to subscribe to PlayStation Plus (for PS5 and PS4) or Xbox Live Gold (for cross-gen between Xbox’s family of consoles). So, this is all you need to know about how the multiplayer works in Elden Ring. We hope you found the article helpful. Also, if you were wondering how to use spells in Elden Ring, then check out our article on Android Gram. Happy Gaming!