Wondering how to use spells in Elden Ring? Well, you are not alone in this struggle. A lot of mechanics in the game are very confusing, and using spells is one of them. According to reports, players leading non-mage classes find it a bit harder when it comes to casting spells or incantations. Many are simply unaware of the basic requirements for using spells in Elden Ring. The mage build features a powerful world of magic. But it’s all useless if your character is unable to deploy that deadly spell on the enemy. So, in this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about how to use spells in Elden Ring. These tips will work for PC, Xbox, and PS.
A strong competitor for the Game of the Year award(2022), Elden Ring is absolutely worth the hype. The game has been under development for almost half a decade and the result is simply exquisite. FromSoftware’s collaboration with the popular fantasy author George R. R. Martin created a big fan base, consisting of both new and veteran players. To an outsider, Elden Ring is another open-world, action RPG. But the game’s true worth can only be understood by exploring the Lands Between. And to do so, you will need good weapons and the power of deadly spells. The game’s mechanics might not be confusing to veteran Dark Souls players, but newcomers are struggling to get a hold of them. So to learn how the spells work in the game, continue with the article.
How to use spells in Elden Ring on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One?
As we stated before, players need to fulfill some requirements before they can start using spells. These requirements are the same on every platform. Below, we have listed everything that you need to cast a spell. All you have to do is check that you match all the requirements in the game and you will be bombarding bosses with your spells in no time.
1) If you have picked a non-mage character, then you will need to either find a spell in the world or purchase it from a vendor.
2) After acquiring a spell, check its faith requirements. If you do not have enough faith, you can increase it by leveling up or using a stat-boosting item.
3) Casting a spell consumes your Focus Points (FP). So make sure that you have enough FP for a spell. It can be replenished by using a flask. Also, if you do not have enough FP to cast a spell, it can be increased by leveling up.
4) The most important item you need to cast a spell in Elden Ring is the Sacred Seal. Only Confessor and Prophet classes start with this item in hand. For other classes, players need to acquire this item. You can find several sacred seals scattered around the map. Some of the vendors also sell this item. After acquiring the sacred seal, you need to equip it in either of your hands.
5) Once you complete the above steps, you will be ready to use the spells. Always make sure that you have equipped the Sacred Seal before using a spell.
6) To use Incantations, you will need to equip the Sacred Seal and memorize the spell at any Site of Grace. You can also receive Incantation as loot or a boss fight reward.
What buttons will fire your spells?
In this segment, we will tell you which buttons to press when you want to use a spell or equip your staff. The table below will provide the information for PC, Xbox, and PS.
|Switch Sorcery / Incantation||Upward pointing arrow (↑)||↑||↑|
|Attack||Left Mouse Button||R1||RB|
|Strong Attack||SHIFT+ Left Mouse Button||R2||RT|
|Switch Right-Hand Armament||Right Arrow / Shift + Scroll Up||→||→|
|Switch Left-Hand Armament||Left Arrow / Shift + Scroll Down||←||←|
To summarize the whole article, you will need to acquire a spell and a Sacred Seal before you can use a spell in Elden Ring. You will also need to match the required faith in order to use that spell. Also, keep an eye on your FP as it gets consumed while using spells. In the end, we hope that you found this article helpful. If you are facing the Elden Ring not using GPU issue, then check out our article on Android Gram for the fix. Happy Gaming!