Have an existing HBO Max subscription on your iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or 13 Pro Max which you don’t want to renew? Well, canceling a subscription is quite easy when it comes to online mobile app stores like App Store and Play Store. Purchased the subscription by mistake? Don’t worry, as we will describe a way you can get a full refund for the wrongly-purchased subscription. Read this article to know.
How to cancel HBO max subscription on iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max?
If you want to cancel an ongoing HBO max subscription, note that you will be able to access the subscription after cancellation till the end of the current subscription end date. For example, let’s say you purchased a yearly subscription to HBO Max for your iPhone 13 on December 5, 2021, and you don’t want to renew it next year. If you cancel the subscription, you will still be able to use HBO Max until December 5, 2022. However, the subscription will not continue after December 5, 2022. If you want to cancel your running subscription to prevent it from renewing, here’s what you should do –
1) Open the Settings app on your iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, or iPhone 13 Pro Max.
2) Then, tap your name.
3) Next, tap on Subscriptions.
4) Tap on the HBO Max Subscription.
5) Now, tap on Cancel Subscription.
That’s it. Your subscription to HBO Max will stop and it will not renew for the next billing cycle. Now, if you are worried about a subscription which you purchased by mistake, you can apply for a refund. Here’s how you can do so –
1) Head over to this website: reportaproblem.apple.com.
2) Use your Apple ID and password to sign in.
3) Tap on “I’d like to.” and choose “Request a refund.” from the list.
4) Next, select the reason why you want a refund from the list and then tap on Next.
5) Now, select the item(s) you bought, and then Submit.
Your application for a refund will be submitted, and the Apple officials will review your request. You should get an update on the application within a day or two. If you are unable to apply for a refund, make sure that you have been charged first. If not, try the refund process after the charges are processed.
For more helpful guides/articles, stay tuned to Androidgram!