If you are also a fan of simulation games, Cities: Skylines must be a familiar name to you. This construction and management simulation has been making its mark since March 2015 across various platforms. Starting with Windows, macOS, and Linux, Cities: Skylines continues to expand its platform support to consoles like Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Developed by the Colossal Order and published by Paradox Interactive, Cities: Skylines takes the dynamics of a city-building simulation to a whole new level. Although the game can work with entry-level specifications for gaming, people still tend to get issues now and then. One of the issues is the buildings not rendering issue in Cities: Skylines and most of the players are still wondering how to fix it. In this article, we shall discuss this issue and go through some fixes to solve this problem.
Also read: Is Cities Skylines CPU or GPU Intensive?
How to fix Cities: Skylines buildings not rendering issue?
The buildings not rendered in the game can cause an unpleasant experience for many players. Since the whole game revolves around buildings and their construction, it becomes necessary to solve this problem. However, there are different kinds of solutions to this problem. Some might work for the players who are playing the game without mods, while some might work for the players who are playing the game with mods. Let’s go through both types of solutions and check which one works for you:
1) Expand RAM of your system: You can expand the RAM of your system as one of the main reasons behind the failure of loading Level of Detail is the limited amount of memory. To cope with this, expanding your system’s memory is the most straightforward solution.
2) Set the pagefile of Cities Skyline to the fastest disk: You can set the pagefile of the game to the fastest disk on your system. You can make the size of the pagefile fixed by making its minimum and maximum size of the same value. You can know everything about the pagefiles and how they work in your system from here.
3) For players using mods: The players using ToggleIt mod can assign a button or hotkey for toggling the Hide buildings button. Once the button is assigned, just press it and your building will start rendering/unhiding. Also, you can consider disabling any newly installed mods to make sure that the problem isn’t caused by them.
4) Restarting the system: You can also try to restart the system. Once the system restarts, open the game again and see if the buildings are still not rendering.
5) Update GPU Drivers: Make sure that your GPU drivers are up to date as outdated GPU drivers can cause many issues with the game.
With the help of these steps, you may be able to fix the Cities Skylines buildings not rendering issue. You can contact the official support of the game if the problem persists in your system. For more updates and fixes related to different games and tech, do not forget to visit Androidgram.