Nintendo Switch may be a portable gaming device, but it has some of the best exclusive games that you can enjoy in your free time. Adding to this list, Splatoon 3 is now also a part of this roster. Developed by Nintendo EPD and published by Nintendo, Splatoon 3 is a Nintendo-exclusive title that you can enjoy anytime and anywhere through your device. However, lately, many players are getting stuck on an error that is ruining their gameplay experience. This error is none other than a communication error on Splatoon 3 and players have no idea how to fix it. So, without wasting any time, let’s head over to some of the best fixes that will sort this error out.
How to fix Splatoon 3 communication error?
Splatoon 3 communication error occurs randomly on the player’s device. Sometimes, when the player is playing a game in the multiplayer mode, it randomly disconnects the player from the game with a message popping out stating “Communication error”. Here, the communication that the error is referring to is the communication of the game’s client with the server. So, if the error is from the server’s side, there’s not much you can do apart from trying these generic fixes:
- Check server status: The first thing you can do is check the server status of Nintendo’s services as it is directly linked to Splatoon 3’s servers. You can go to the network status page by clicking here.
- Check your internet speed: You should make sure to check whether your internet speed is consistent or not. If it is not, you will have to swap to a different network connection.
- Use a wired connection: If your internet connection is set up through a wi-fi router, try using a wired connection with your Switch.
- Renew your Nintendo Online subscription: If your subscription to Nintendo Online is over, try renewing it by going to the Nintendo website. From there, you will have to go to the account section and renew your subscription if it is over. Without the subscription, you won’t be able to access the online features of the game.
- Restart your game: You can also try restarting your game a couple of times to eliminate the possibility of a temporary issue.
- Change Character Appearance: Although this seems quite irrelevant, some players have mentioned that changing the appearance of their in-game character fixed this issue for them. So, you can give this method a try.
Apart from these fixes, the best thing you can do is wait. This is because oftentimes the servers may go down for a small-maintenance schedule. However, if you face this problem for an extended period, contact official support for further assistance. Anyways, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.