Wondering how to access all the new features of Minecraft’s 1.19 update? Well, the 1.19 update for Minecraft was announced in Minecraft Live 2021. The announcement has certainly gotten us, fans, very excited. But, most of us are eager to try out the anticipated features of the upcoming update right now. We have come across several queries regarding ways to try out the features of the 1.19 update. Is there a way? We bear good news! There’s a way you can play and signup for early access or beta of Minecraft’s 1.19 update. Read this article to know more.
Minecraft’s 1.19 update features a host of new additions – we will see the addition of fireflies, frogs, and mangrove swamps, as well as the Warden and the Deep Dark Biome. The Warden (kind of mob) and the Deep Dark Biome were supposed to be added in the 1.18 update or the Caves and Cliffs update but were postponed. Along with these, we will also see the addition of the Allay (a new kind of mob) and the much-requested, boats with chests. The 1.19 update is all set to release in 2022 according to Mojang. However, fans want a taste of the upcoming update right now. Keep reading to know how to do so.
How to play & signup for early access/beta of Minecraft 1.19 update?
To access the “official” features of 1.19 update, you will have to own Minecraft’s Bedrock edition or Minecraft for Windows 10. Note that if you own Minecraft Java Edition, the process below will not work. You may use community mods to get a preview of 1.19 update on the Java Edition. To get a preview of the 1.19 update on the Bedrock edition, you will have to sign up for the Beta program. Here’s how to do so:
1) Firstly, make sure you own Minecraft for Windows 10.
2) Then, open up Microsoft Store. In the search box, type “Xbox Insider Hub” and download it.
3) After installing, launch the Xbox Insider Hub app and click on Join > Accept.
4) Once the Xbox Insider Hub opens, click on the Previews tab on the left-hand side.
5) In the next window, you will see the beta programs you are eligible for. Click on the Minecraft for Windows 10 option. Now, click on Join and then Continue. You will now be a part of Minecraft’s beta program.
6) Go back to the Minecraft for Windows 10 page in your Microsoft store to see whether the beta download has started. If not, click on update to start the download manually. Once done, you can launch Minecraft.
How to access the new features of 1.19 update?
You will be able to play with Sculk, a new type of block that is planned to be included with the 1.19 update. Players will see Sculk in the upcoming Deep Dark Biome. Here’s how you can access Sculk blocks in the Minecraft Bedrock beta:
1) Once you launch Minecraft, click on Play Beta.
2) Now, click on Create New, and then Create New World. Scroll down to find the section called Experiments.
3) Look for an option called Vanilla Experiments. Enabling this will let you access Sculk blocks and related 1.19 update elements. Now, enable cheats and set your game mode to Creative. Then, click on Create.
4) You will now enter a world of Minecraft. Go to your inventory and search for Sculk to create Sculk blocks.
Have fun! For more articles on Minecraft, stay tuned to Androidgram!