Did you open your The Binding of Isaac Repentance game today and couldn’t find your save? Did your save get corrupted due to some mod? Are you looking to recover your precious save? Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will tell you How to restore or recover The Binding of Isaac Repentance save file?
If you have been a fan of the popular rogue-like RPG game, The Binding of Isaac, then like others fans you must have gotten your hands on Repentance, a DLC for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Just like with other games, losing save files is a not-so-new problem for games allowing mods or third-party tools. Losing a save file can be devastating after spending hours to level up your character or collecting all the precious power-ups. Not everyone wants to do a fresh start even when they are playing a rogue-like where replayability is the selling point. This article will help you to locate the save file folder and guide you on how to restore or recover The Binding of Isaac Repentance’s save file. All so that Isaac [you!] can get right back to clearing the rooms in his mum’s basement!
Why did I lose my save files?
There could be several reasons why your save files got deleted. Such files tend to get corrupted and stop working – especially true if you have the habit of experimenting with them a lot. Other times, if you install a mod for the game, it modifies your saves and the game may stop recognizing them. Sometimes, the saves can be misplaced accidentally. In this article, we will help you to restore or recover The Binding of Isaac Repentance save file.
How to restore or recover The Binding of Isaac Repentance save file?
To restore or recover your save files for The Binding of Isaac, you need to look for the save folder manually and find out the location. To reach the folder, navigate in the following order on your Windows PC:
This PC> Documents> My Games> The Binding of Isaac Repentance.
Once you reach the save folder you will see a lot of files. There will also be some persistentgamedata.dat files among them, which are your save files for the game. You will need to follow these steps carefully to recover or restore your save files. We would also recommend you make a backup of the whole folder before you make any changes. Note that, you will not be able to restore or recover to a point without a valid save file.
1) Check if you have a persistentgamedata.dat file.
2) If there is no file with that name, then the original save file is lost. But there is a solution.
3) Look for files with names starting with a date. For example- 20210705.persistentgamedata1.dat. These are the backup save files that the game makes in case you lose your original save file.
4) Check the most recent date in the file name. Or look for the date and time when you made the save you want to recover.
5) Once you locate that file, simply rename it and remove the date and dot from before persistentgamedata.dat. The process should be like this- 20210705.persistentgamedata1.dat -> persistentgamedata1.dat.
6) This will restore your save from that save point and you can continue your game from that point onward.
So this was How to restore or recover The Binding of Isaac Repentance save file? We hope this article helped you to restore or recover your save files. Check out this article on F1 2021 saved game keeps getting corrupted for many players, a temporary fix suggested by devs on Anadroidgram.