If you have been playing shooter games for a long time, you would know that in-game settings depend completely on individual preferences. A lower sensitivity may turn out to be good for you, but others may have a hard time adjusting to it. However, there are a few basics that players need to keep in mind before customizing their controller settings in shooter games like Insurgency Sandstorm. If you are a beginner in Insurgency Sandstorm and looking for the “perfect” set of controller settings, you are reading the right article. We will be listing down the recommended controller settings for Insurgency Sandstorm. Additionally, we will talk about how each parameter will affect your gameplay. Analyzing the parameters will help you set the exact value for them according to your needs. Keep reading to know more.
Recommended controller settings for Insurgency Sandstorm
Being a first-person shooter video game, Insurgency Sandstorm’s gameplay will heavily depend on a parameter called Sensitivity. Here’s a fact: the higher the sensitivity, the lower the accuracy. So, if you are looking for that perfectly accurate headshot, try adjusting to a lower sensitivity. Again, the “perfect” sensitivity for you will depend on how you use your controller. Some players prefer higher sensitivities and are able to take accurate shots too. To find the perfect sensitivity, try transferring your aim as fast as you can in the game – if you are falling short in aiming, you can increase the sensitivity by 0.1. Keep adjusting till you find the perfect value!
Another important parameter in Insurgency Sandstorm is the FOV or Field of View. Many would suggest keeping this value at the maximum. Actually, why not? High FOV will let you see a lot of your surroundings. However, keep in mind that the higher the FOV value, the smaller your targets will appear. If you aren’t good at spotting your enemies, we recommend lowering the FOV value.
To change controller settings in Insurgency Sandstorm, open in-game settings. Navigate to the Controls and Video tabs and change the values accordingly. Here is the reference set of values (recommended):
1) Controller Layout: Standard
2) Look X Sensitivity: 1.4
3) Look Y Sensitivity: 1.4
4) Invert Y-Axis: Uncheck box
5) Aim Sensitivity Curve: Dual Zone
6) Aim Down Sights Sensitivity: 0.5
7) Scope Sensitivity: 0.5
8) Focus Sensitivity: 0.6
9) 1.0X Sensitivity Scale: 1.0
10) 2.0X Sensitivity Scale: 1.0
11) 2.5X Sensitivity Scale: 1.0
12) 3.0X Sensitivity Scale: 1.0
13) 4.0X Sensitivity Scale: 1.0
14) 6.0X Sensitivity Scale: 1.0
15) 7.0X Sensitivity Scale: 1.0
16) Scale Sensitivity with Field of View: Check box
17) FOV Scaling Prefers Scope FOV: Check box
18) Aim Dampening Strength: 100
19) Aim Dampening Radius Scale: 100
20) Aim Dampening Ease In: 80
21) Vibrations: 0.0
22) Left Stick Dead Zone: 0.1500
23) Right Stick Dead Zone: 0.1500
Also read: Insurgency Sandstorm: Console Commands List
1) Gamma: 2.2
2) Field of View: 100
3) Motion Blur: Off
4) Dismemberment: On
1) Aim Dampening is like Aim Assist, but not exactly. It slows down your aim when an enemy is at sight – helps you take that shot accurately. We recommend keeping it at the maximum for controllers as it is difficult to aim using controllers in competitive shooter games like Insurgency Sandstorm. Moreover, aim dampening helps you achieve better accuracy. However, it depends on your preference – some peeps like to switch it off entirely.
2) Increase Stick Dead Zone values if you experience drifts.
3) Lastly, we recommend switching off Vibration as sometimes it may throw off your aim.
For more articles on Insurgency Sandstorm, stay tuned to Androidgram!