Old-school mobile phones are now being called ‘dumbphones’. Well, there’s a literal opposite to smartphones! However, we certainly don’t expect dumbphones to be pricey! As it happens, the most popular dumbphone – Light Phone 2 – is priced at $299. That’s not at all a favorable price – shelling out 300 dollars for a minimalistic phone isn’t something everyone would like to do. Light Phone 2 also lacks basic tools like online messaging, a browser (even a minimalistic one would have worked), and customization. But the creators haven’t ruled out the possibility of popular services like Whatsapp, Signal, and Spotify entering Light Phone. In fact, the Light Phone 2 now has Directions, Calendar, Alarm, Music, and Podcasts tools. The creators are working to bring a lot more to the users’ plates. But we have to agree on the fact that a Light Phone isn’t for everyone.
For peeps looking for cheaper and more suitable alternatives to the Light Phone 2, we have compiled a list of dumbphones. Keep reading to access the list of top ten dumbphones or alternatives to the Light Phone 2.
Best and top 10 alternatives to the Light Phone 2
Here are the best and top ten alternatives to the Light Phone 2:
1) Punkt MP02 Pigeon: Hands down the best alternative to Light Phone 2, the Punkt MP02 is priced at $379. Yes, it is pricier than the Light Phone but it offers a lot more features like secured internet calling and group messaging, a great design, and much more. However, the Punkt MP02 doesn’t work with Verizon, according to some users.
2) BLU Tank Mega T570: A true dumbphone, the BLU Tank Mega is a very affordable mobile that doesn’t offer social apps. It only supports simple messaging, calling, and essential tools.
3) CAT B26: The CAT B26 is also a true dumbphone, offering minimum calling and texting features like the BLU Tank Mega.
4) Mudita Pure: The one featuring an E-Ink display like Light Phone 2, Mudita Pure also features a very low SAR value. This is a feature that will attract many health concious users.
5) Wisephone: An exact but a pricier alternative to Light Phone, the Wisephone offers a better display, good performance and cameras for moments you don’t want to miss.
6) Nokia 225: It is one of the cheapest dumbphones and you also have the assurance from Nokia. The design may be very old school for some, but it does the job – be dumb! However, it does support a few apps like Facebook.
7) Nokia 6300 4G: Another cheap option, the Nokia 6300 4G is one of the most popular Nokia dumbphones. Priced at 69.99 dollars, it offers 4G functionality and also supports a few popular apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, and Youtube. Not that minimalistic for peeps who want to avoid social media entirely!
8) Nokia 8110 4G: A great, minimalistic phone with WhatsApp support. It looks like a banana, so be prepared to stand out in the crowd!
9) Palm Phone: If you are willing to try controlling your urge towards social media, you can try the Palm Phone. It is, as its name suggests, small enough to fit on your palm but also offers social media apps. The design isn’t very optimized for social media scrolling, so you would automatically prefer to keep away.
Also Read: Does Light Phone 2 have WhatsApp?
10) Kyocera DuraXV Extreme: Looking for a rugged dumbphone? The DuraXV Extreme may be the phone you are looking for! Minimalistic and strong, the Dura XV Extreme is practically indestructible, with IP68 Dust and Waterproof plus drop-proof upto 1.5 metres. The phone even features MIL-STD-810G, which protects it against dust, shock, vibration, extreme temperatures and more.