The NBC Sports app streams live content which airs on multiple TV channels like NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, Olympic Channel, Golf Channel, and more. Access the video-on-demand feature of the NBC Sports app which allows you to watch video clips, highlights, and previews of upcoming events! The app is great if you are on the move.
error_common_generic on NBC Sports app: What is it?
If you are an NBC Sports app user, and facing the error_common_generic error, you are at the right place for a few working fixes to this problem!
I was watching the NBC Sports App Olympics replays earlier today, but now we keep getting an error that says error_common_generic and won't work….anyone know how to fix this?? #nbcsports
— Patty Armstrong (@pattyoarmstrong) July 25, 2021
Here are some things you need to check before you begin your troubleshooting.
- Live streaming will not work with internet-only plans or if a local NBC affiliate is in a dispute with a carrier. Please check with your service provider about the same.
- Check with your service provider whether the NBC Sports TV subscription you have includes streaming this content/channel online. If yes, unlink and relink from your TV provider and then retry.
- If you haven’t updated the app in a long time, the latest version of the Android app is 7.24.6. Please complete your updates if pending.
How to troubleshoot the NBC Sports Android app error?
Here are the troubleshooting tips for the error you can try.
- Log out and re-login through your TV provider. To do this:
- To sign out of the app: Select ≡ to the top left, then More. Select Unlink your provider > Yes.
- Close the app: Open the recent apps window on your phone. Find the NBC app and close it by pressing the close option or swiping it off the screen.
- Sign in to the app using your address: Select ≡ to the top left, then More. Select Link your provider. Then, select your provider. If you are unable to find your provider on the first page, tap on view the full list at the bottom of the app screen.
Note: If you don’t see view the full list, visit your device settings and then tap on Accessibility. Find and tap on Visual, then zoom out and reset the text size to default. Check your app again and you should be able to find the view the full list option.
If you are still stuck, please select the content in the app you are interested to watch and try the sign-in process there.
- Clear your app data, storage, and cache. To do so:
Visit Settings > Apps and Notifications > See all apps > NBC Sports > Storage.
Tap on Clear Storage and Clear Cache.
- Restart your device, if the above steps do not work.
If you are still facing issues with the app, you may submit a support ticket to Customer Support.