We all love Netflix. With millions of titles to watch and an eye-catchy user interface, Netflix makes streaming content online fun and satisfying. Want to watch a show that tingles your childhood memories? Or, are you in a mood for some rom-com? Netflix is a paradise for TV-show and movie junks. You can discover lots of new genres with it too. I never thought I would like rom-com, but hey, I ended up liking Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky from the movie “To All The Boys I have loved before”. In times of the pandemic, Netflix was a boon for many. In conclusion, we all adore Netflix. Period. So much that when an error crops up while playing titles, it breaks our heart.
Netflix Error 40103: What is it?
This error seems to be restricted to iOS devices only. So, if you are trying to play Netflix on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you might have got a 40103 error.
This error points to the information stored on your device, which needs to be refreshed.
If you are facing the same error, here are some troubleshooting techniques to solve the issue.
- Update the app
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Search for Netflix from the App Store search bar.
- Check for available updates/
- If any update is available, go ahead with it.
- Once complete, try opening Netflix again.
- Turn off any VPN or proxy services. Virtual Private Networks divert the connection to a different region. This may show the 40103 error.
- If you use VPN or proxies for work, your network traffic will be diverted to a different region which will cause the 40103 error. Try disabling any VPN or proxy and try again.
- If you use an IPv6 proxy tunnel, Netflix does not support IPv6 proxies over an IPv4 network. Talk to your internet service provider to learn more about your network. Netflix supports independent IPv6 networks.
Try the above techniques to solve your 40104 error. If not, you can contact your Internet Service Provider to learn more about your connection. We hope your Netflix is working again by now!