If you are blocked from accessing the popular, new video game, New World, due to a connection error, you are at the right place for fixes. The connection error in New World is one of the most reported issues. The good news is, however, you can fix it quite easily. Read this article to know how to fix the connection error in New World.
After 5 minutes of playing, I get a “lag detected” notification followed by a dialogue box stating “connection error: not authorized to continue playing.” After pressing OK, I’m taken back to the player selection screen … … After pressing OK, I’m taken back to the player selection screen where I can then press play . After pressing play , I’m given another dialogue box that states “connection error: could not connect to server: unknown file version (assets/datadtrm-part34.pak)”. Exiting the game and relaunching allows me to enter the game again, but after another 5 minutes I get the “lag detected” notification and “connection error” dialogue box again.
Also read: New World game Connection error @mm_connerr_rep_timeout: Fixes & Workarounds
New World game Connection Error: What is it?
You may encounter the following symptoms of a connection error in New World:
- If your characters are moving in random patterns, it may be a sign of a connection error.
- You are attacking an enemy, but your hits/shots don’t seem to register.
- Your character or your friend’s character appears to be stuck.
- If you are disconnecting from the game, it is most probably a sign of a connection error.
- You will experience lags in-game.
If you are experiencing any of the above, you may also see a connection error pop-up that says that you are not authorized to continue playing. So, how can you fix this error? Keep reading to know.
Try the following officially recommended troubleshooting techniques:
- Check for pending Windows updates: Pending updates can be a huge reason why you are getting connection errors again and again. We suggest downloading the Windows Update Assistant. Or, you can keep an eye on your system settings which will regularly give out notifications for pending updates.
- Other processes may be using up your available bandwidth: Open Task Manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL), and delete all the unwanted processes.
- Verify the integrity of game files: Open Steam library, right-click on New World > Properties > Local Files tab > Verify integrity of game files… option.
- Restart your modem and router: Doing so solves most connection glitches if related to your ISP or hardware. While you restart, unplug your router and modem and leave it out for thirty seconds. Then, plug it in and start your router and modem.
- Try using a wired connection: Wireless connections are unreliable. Where wireless connections start misbehaving, wired connections may save the day for you. Try plugging in one and see whether the connection error still persists.
More official fixes
- Troubleshoot your firewall: Firewalls can block softwares and prevent them from using the internet. You will have to add manual exceptions to your firewall. To do so, press Windows + R, type “firewall.cpl” into the Run window, and then press Enter. Then, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall and then click Change settings. Look for New World in the list of allowed apps and features. If it’s present, make sure it’s checked, and that both the Private and Public columns have a check mark. If the game is missing from the list, you must add it. After doing this, click Allow another app…, locate and select NewWorldLauncher.exe, and then click Add. Once you’ve done that, make sure that New World has check marks under both the Private and Public columns.
- Forward ports on your router: You can learn how to do so from this link. You will have to open the following ports.
TCP: 80, 443
These are all the suggested ways you can do a connection error troubleshooting yourself. However, some reports suggest that trying the above has not worked out. If you are still facing a connection error, we suggest you report the issue via New World’s feedback system.