Trouble trying to launch New World? Is New World not working, launching, or crashing for you? Worry not, as we are here with some fixes to help you troubleshoot the errors. Try these fixes, and you will be able to play your beloved video game very soon!
How to fix New World game not launching, loading & crashing?
Try the following to help fix any New World game issues:
1) Make sure you update all your drivers: Using outdated drivers will cause video games like New World to crash. The game is heavy on graphics and requires updated drivers to function properly. Open the Nvidia Geforce app or the software you have for your graphics driver. You will see an option to update your drivers.
2) Verify your game files: Open Steam Library. Right-click on New World and select Properties. Click on the Local tab and select Verify integrity of game files… option.
3) Check if game servers are up and running: New World is releasing today and hence can experience a sudden rush and bottleneck servers. Check the server status from here or follow the official Twitter handle of New World.
4) DirectX 12 should be properly installed: DirectX is an important part of game programming. New World makes use of DirectX 12 and thus, will require an updated version of the same. You can download DirectX 12 from here.
5) Install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ if not there already: This is very important for New World to run properly. Check your system’s architecture. Download it for x86, x64, or ARM.
6) Disable other anti-cheats on your system: If you have downloaded anti-cheats for other video games, there’s a chance they may interrupt with New World. Deactivate or uninstall them and try to launch New World again.
7) Disable Anti-Virus programs or Windows Firewall: Although they are required to keep us safe, sometimes anti-virus software and firewalls block programs unnecessarily. So, if you are facing trouble trying to launch New World, disable anti-virus and firewall programs and then try again.
8) Try to play at lower graphics settings: If you are experiencing choppy video, lags, and crashes, lower your graphics settings in-game and see whether the video game is playing smoothly.
Still, having trouble? Submit a detailed report of what you are facing through this website. We are sure that Amazon Games will look into any bug reports as soon as possible. Hope you have fun playing New World!