Struggling with Oculus Quest 2 not detecting controllers issue? This is quite a common problem with the virtual reality headset. Unlike a normal VR, Oculus comes with two controllers that help you to navigate and play games. So, the issue of them not getting registered can be very frustrating. Since it is a rather new technology, you might be unaware of how to fix it. So in this article, we will tell you how to resolve the Oculus Quest 2 not detecting controllers issue. Stick with us till the end of the article.
What is this gadget?
Oculus Quest 2 (now known as Meta Quest 2) is the newest VR headset developed by Facebook Reality Labs. It provides you with the perfect hardware to feel and experience the virtual world from the front seat. Quest 2 is the modified version of its predecessor, Oculus Quest. You can use the headset with your PC by connecting through a special USB cable. Oculus Quest 2 also works great as a standalone headset. The Android interface provides a user-friendly navigation system that is easy to understand. The hardware used in Quest 2 is also quite admirable. The lightweight body along with superior internal specs provide an overall great experience. Now, moving on to the important question.
Oculus Quest 2 not detecting controllers: Fixes & Workarounds.
If you are unable to use the controllers provided with your virtual reality headset, then you can try these troubleshooting methods.
1) Once connected, press any button to boot your controllers.
2) Now, press the Oculus button to reorient the controller. Make sure that you have your headset on while trying this step.
3) For the next step, try removing and then inserting the batteries back into the controller.
4) You can also try unpairing and then re-pairing the controllers.
How to unpair the controller-
1) First, open the Oculus app on your phone.
2) Now, click the Devices menu on the bottom.
3) Next, tap on the Meta Quest headset that you currently have.
4) Now, tap on the Controllers option and then click on the controller you want to unpair.
5) Now, click on Unpair Controller.
How to re-pair your controller.
1) Open the Oculus app on your phone.
2) Now, click on the Devices menu.
3) Locate and tap on the Meta Quest headset that you are using.
4) Now, press on the Controllers option and search for your current controller, and tap on it.
5) Next, press the button that looks like a port and the B button on your right controller and hold them down till the controller LED blinks. This will indicate that the controllers have been paired. You can also try this by pressing and holding down the button with horizontal lines and the Y button on the left controller as well.
6) Note that if the controller lights do not blink, then you might need to replace the batteries.
If you followed all the above-mentioned steps, then the Oculus Quest 2 not detecting controllers issue should get fixed. But, if the problem persists, then it is best to contact Oculus Customer Support. We hope that you found this article helpful. You can also check out our other article on How to fix the Oculus Quest 2 stuck on pairing screen issue. Stay tuned to Android Gram and happy gaming!