Many people are reporting that their Oculus Quest 2 is stuck on the pairing screen and they cannot get it to go any further. The online community is very helpful and has come up with some solutions for the same. You can try some of these fixes to help you get out of the jam. There is also a subreddit on the same that you can join for the updates on the Oculus Quest 2 issues. However, we have gathered a few fixes which can help you get rid of the pairing issue with Oculus Quest 2 easily.
How to fix Oculus Quest 2 stuck on pairing screen?
Try the following fixes and workarounds:
1) On your mobile, open the Oculus app.
2) Go to the Settings menu.
3) Select the option that reads ‘Controllers’
4) Now unpair the controller and opt for repair. By doing this, the controller will go through a firmware update and hopefully, you will be able to get out of the pairing screen.
1) Uninstall the companion app of the Oculus Quest 2 from your device.
2) Turn off your Bluetooth and restart your mobile device.
3) Now turn on the Bluetooth and reinstall the app.
1) Check whether your router and modem are working fine. Perform a reboot of both, just in case.
2) An unstable internet connection can be a major reason behind this problem. So, troubleshooting network is extremely important.
3) Once done, log out of the Oculus app.
4) After a minute or two, log in again and connect with your headset.
This fix is related to the inefficiency of your mobile device. In this case, you should try to switch the device that you are using the companion app on. Try using a different device, or complete pending Android/iOS updates [if available on your mobile device]. Old software can be the root of the problem.
If nothing else works, change the batteries on your headset device because this is a fix that worked for many people. Many suggested removing the paper battery blockers, re-adding the batteries, and re-pairing the device.
Hopefully, one of these fixes will be able to solve your problem. Just in case it does not, you can raise a support ticket on the official Oculus website and the developer team will get in touch with you to work towards a fix.
Also read: Battlefield (BF) 2042 Controller Disconnected error: How to fix it?