Video games can be a great stressbuster at the end of the day and give you joy. Whether it’s playing solo or with friends, video games can be a worthy pastime. Pokemon Unite, the newest addition to the Pokemon Games family, is now live, and fans are ecstatic with the game.
However, there are always some things that a player must keep in mind while playing video games of any sort. Code of Conduct is one such important thing to consider. Players mustn’t violate rules and harm others in the community. To make sure that no misconduct happens, developers of all games come up with a guide called Code of Conduct. Pokemon Unite isn’t an exception in this matter.
Pokemon Unite: Can’t play online battles, use text & voice chat?
You are probably thinking that it’s a bug. Maybe, it is. But do you see a timer when you try to click on any locked/restricted feature? If yes, you are most probably suspended from playing online battles, use text, voice chat, or maybe from other features as well.
Why do you receive such penalties? Well, as mentioned above, players should abide by the Code of Conduct at all times while in-game. Breaking any rule may lead to the suspension of your account for a particular time. However, if you keep repeating misbehavior, the Pokemon Unite team may permanently ban your account. And, no Pokemon Unite player would want that.
We don’t know much about penalties. But there is a penalty for leaving or idling in matches too. Idling in matches can result in deduction of 5 Fair-Play points. If your fair-play points will get less than 80, you won’t be able to participate in Ranked matches. Accounts with less than 60 Fair-Play points will lose their right to participate in Standard Battles. Each Trainer has a total of 100 Fair-Play points.
You can check the image below by PipMcGooley for more information on this.
There are many kinds of penalties one might get for breaking the Code of Conduct. You may not be able to access online mode or talk with a voice chat feature. The Pokemon Unite team may also bar you from in-game purchases or in-game texting. It usually depends on what rule you have violated and how grave the violation is.
We are listing the code of conduct for you to go through. However, mistakes happen, and hence Pokemon Unite will give you a second chance. Please try to maintain a fair game environment, keep the game experience fun and safe for all players, and engage in proper behavior. If you feel that your friend or teammate is engaging in inappropriate behavior or violating any Code of Conduct, you can know how to report a player from here.
The Pokémon Company Code of Conduct for Pokémon UNITE
The Pokémon Company and its subsidiaries (collectively “our,” “us,” “we”) are committed to fostering an environment for all users to create an enjoyable experience. All users are required to follow our Code of Conduct when using or interacting with our products and services (the “Service(s)”). We want everyone who interacts with our Service to be kind, inclusive, and respectful to others. To help us keep our Service fun and safe for everyone, you must refrain from any inappropriate conduct, such as (but not limited to) the following:
Inappropriate Communication and Behavior
- Stalking, abusing, harassing, threatening, misrepresenting, or impersonating any person or company, including (but not limited to) other users, The Pokémon Company, or people and companies affiliated with The Pokémon Company in any manner
- Engaging in or encouraging any discriminatory, disrespectful, hateful, physically dangerous, illegal, or otherwise objectionable conduct in connection with the Service
- Sharing or asking for another person’s personal information (for example, contact information or address) or log-in credentials
Unauthorized Technology, Cheating, or Modding
- Obtaining unauthorized access to any of The Pokémon Company’s or another user’s data, code, computers, hardware, equipment, servers, or networks; obtaining unauthorized access to another user’s accounts; reverse engineering data; reproducing data from the Service
- Using any unauthorized third-party software or other technological means on the Service
- Any actions that may affect the operations of the Service (for example, inserting or exploiting bugs); selling, trading, assigning, or otherwise transferring the Service, your user account, or in-game purchases, items, features, or enhancers to another person or entity; excessively and unnecessarily (determined at our discretion) installing the application for the Service on numerous devices
- Attempting to bypass any restriction in the Service based upon age, geography, gameplay, or other restrictions imposed by us
It is also inappropriate to have others or influence others to perform any of the actions listed above.
The Pokémon Company and its subsidiaries reserve the right to take action against inappropriate conduct, as determined at our sole discretion, regardless of whether specifically listed above. If you have reason to believe any user is engaged in any inappropriate conduct, you may submit a report to us: https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us. At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to take appropriate action, including suspending or terminating a user’s access to part of or all of the Service.
Like I said before, mistakes happen. So, if you feel that you may have been restricted by mistake and haven’t broken any of the above rules, do let the customer support know.