Prime Video, also called Amazon Prime Video, is an online on-demand video streaming service of Amazon. You can enjoy a vast collection of popular movies and TV shows in multiple languages. Prime Video is included in an Amazon Prime membership. You can also try the one-month free trial of Prime before you (fall in love and) subscribe. Along with all the exciting video content of Prime Video, you can also avail free shipping on your Amazon orders. Amazon Prime membership is available as monthly and yearly subscriptions- $12.99 per month or $119 per year.
In other news, Amazon Prime Video has planned on selling many streaming add-ons for as low as 99 cents. Read more about it here- Amazon Prime Latest News.
What is error code 1061?
Amazon Prime error code 1062 is related to network connection issues. It means that your device is unable to connect to Amazon Prime’s servers due to a network hindrance. This error is particularly common among Amazon Firestick users. Generally, this error code may appear on the screen when users try to stream content using their Firestick. Listed below are a few troubleshooting suggestions that can be helpful in case of this error-
1. Verify that your internet connection is stable and strong enough to cater to your requirements. You can try rebooting your router if using one. If you are unable to troubleshoot and find the issue with your connection, contact your Internet Service Provider regarding your grievance.
2. If you are facing this error on your Amazon Prime Video mobile application, you can try correcting this error code by clearing the cache memory and cookies. It may fix the issue. To do so, you have to follow these steps in order-
A) Open Settings on your device, and click on Apps.
B) Locate the Amazon Prime Video app from the list of your apps.
C) Select Storage, and then click on Clear Cache Data.
3. You can also try to log out from your Amazon Prime account and then log back in to correct account authentication issues.
4. Make sure you have the latest app version of Amazon Prime Video. Keep your auto-update mode turned on at all times for a smooth and hassle-free user experience.
5. While streaming on the TV, you might want to restart your Amazon Firestick. For this, all you have to do is detach the cables, wait for a minute or two and then put them all back. It may boost the system and solve the issue. Another way to restart your firestick using the menu button on the remote. Navigate to settings and click on my Fire TV and then select the Restart option.
6. If nothing fixes your Prime Video Error Code 1061, uninstall the application, and reinstall it.
Amazon claims to be ‘Earth’s most customer-centric company’. If you are unable to solve the error code 1061, you can contact Amazon Support. They are available for their customers and provide support via phone, email, and chat 24/7, 365 days a year. You can simply go ahead and contact Prime Video Support or dial 1-888-280-4331.