Rainbow Six Siege is a popular multiplayer first-person shooter game that requires a stable connection to the servers. However, players may encounter error code 2-0x0000c015 while trying to play the game. This error can cause the game to crash, freeze, or says that the connection to the game is lost. Error code 2-0x0000c015 is a connectivity error that can be caused by several factors such as a slow or unstable internet connection, server maintenance, or a problem with your firewall or anti-virus software. Therefore, it is important to find ways to counter this error as it can kill the vibe that you started your game with.
Also read: Rainbow Six Siege (R6) error code 10-0x00000: How to fix it
Rainbow Six Siege (R6) error code 2-0x0000c015: How to fix it
1) Restart the game:
The first thing you can do is restart the game. Restarting the game can help you to sort out any temporary bugs or glitches that might help you to get over this error in R6.
2) Check your internet connection:
The second most important thing to do is check your internet connection. Make sure that your internet connection has consistent upload and download speeds. You can do this by going to a third-party website that gives you real-time updates on your internet speed.
3) Disable firewall or anti-virus software:
Temporarily disable your firewall or anti-virus software to see if they are interfering with the game’s connection to the servers. If disabling these programs resolves the issue, adjust their settings to allow Rainbow Six Siege to connect to the servers.
4) Reset network settings:
Access the “Network & Internet” settings in Windows, click on “Status,” and then select “Network reset.” This action will restore your network settings to their default state, potentially fixing the issue.
5) Check for server maintenance:
You can check the Rainbow Six Siege Twitter account for updates on server maintenance. If the servers are down, try to wait for them to go online.
6) Flush the DNS: You can flush the DNS of your system through some simple steps. Firstly, you will have to press the Windows + R button. After that, you will have to type “CMD” and press the enter button. Now, type “ipconfig/flushdns” in the CMD window and press enter. Once the DNS is flushed, you will have to start the game again.
7) Change the DNS of your system: Press Windows + R key on your keyboard and type “ncpa. cpl” in the window. Now, you would have entered “Change adapter settings”. Now, right-click your main internet connection, go to “Properties,” select “Internet Protocol Version 4,” change from “Obtain DNS automatically” to “Use the following DNS server addresses,” enter “22.214.171.124” as the preferred and “126.96.36.199” as the alternate DNS server.”
8) Reset your router: Locate the reset button, press and hold for 10-30 secs, release, and wait for the router to restart to factory default settings.
As much effective as these steps may be, it is widely possible that at the end of the day, the error might only be resolved after the developers work on it. Therefore, if the error persists even after these fixes, you might want to hang on to the game and wait for a patch or a fix. On this note, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.